The Washington Global Health Alliance (WGHA) invites and activates every sector in our region to advance global health equity through advocacy, promoting and engaging Washington’s global health sector and building innovative partnerships between traditional and unexpected organizations to increase global health impact.
About the position
The intern will support the Washington Global Health Alliance by acting as a key, professional member of the team while helping to execute WGHA events, meetings, research, content development for wghalliance.org, and organization of WGHA information systems.
Actual responsibilities include:
- Post events, features and news to WGHA website
- Assist with monthly WGHA e-newsletter creation and distribution
- Interface with partners to learn appropriate institutional communication
- Assist with WGHA’s outreach initiatives and public events
- Perform background research for presentations & meetings
- Create original content for WGHA social media channels
- Organize files, documents and contacts
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Must be a current undergraduate student
- Professional savvy
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative in a fast-moving organization
- Exposure to Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and Outlook, Photoshop experience a plus
- Advanced understanding of social media channels, specifically Facebook and Twitter
- Increased ability to organize complex projects
- A comfort with global health writing projects with special emphasis on writing for the web
Length of Internship:
January- June 2014
Part-time 20 hours/week
Please note, this is an unpaid internship.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Grow at email@example.com by Monday, January 6, 2014.