City Business Casual
Global Health and Life Sciences
The Office of Economic Development and the City of Seattle are excited to connect directly with the local business community through their City Business Casual series. These monthly, informal gatherings provide the Seattle business community with regular, direct access to business-focused city officials, including influential city leaders and key department heads and representatives.
This month's program is focused on global health and life sciences, and some of the evening's special guests include:
- Beth Hester, Communicators Director, Mayor's Office
- Lisa Cohen, Executive Director, Washington Global Health Alliance (WGHA)
- Larry Corey, M.D., President & Director, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Thong Q. Le, Managing Director, WRF Capital
- Donna Morgan Murray, PhD, President, ZymoGenetics Inc
- Carlyn Orians, Research Leader of Health & Analytics, Battelle
- Chris Rivera, President, Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association (WBBA)
No pre-registration for City Business Casual is necessary. The sessions do not include a formal program, but Office of Economic Development staff will actively make introductions and connections. Business owners and advocates will also have a chance to ask questions, suggest ideas, and troubleshoot specific issues in an informal and relaxed setting.
Close collaboration and information exchange are essential for Seattle businesses to build and grow. City Business Casual is a great way to facilitate growth in Seattle's thriving local business community.
June 13th, 5:00-7:00pm
South Lake Union Discovery Center
For more information please visit the event page.