About the Role
The Manager is responsible for overall management of the assigned project portfolio and staff. They will oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate achievements to key partners. The Manager will coordinate the work of the grant/contract management team using tools and techniques in order to guarantee the progress of the project and changes to the scope and schedule. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of project plans; monitoring the financial status of multiple research grants, subcontracts, and consultant agreements; and analyzing data to identify trends or issues and adjusting project scope accordingly. They will supervise project teams and assign duties to others, as well as direct and train support staff in policies and procedures.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads all aspects of project documentation, development of success criteria, outcomes measurement and evaluation
- Identifies and document program strategies, business requirements, technical requirements, and timelines to support outlined deliverables and project goals.
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, determines milestones and objectives of projects.
- Develops and manages a detailed, end-to-end project schedule/plan and continually track real vs. anticipated progress
- Provides project status updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders, documenting key decisions, open issues, and risks
- Prepares project budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements and manage projected and actual project costs.
- Identifies and maintains relationship(s) with internal and external collaborators.
- Identifies new project opportunities with internal and external/community partners.
- Manages and organizes multiple projects with competing priorities and different timescales (i.e.: checkpoints with long-term goals while completing shorter term goals)
- Manages and trains project staff.
- Monitors and tracks overall project performance and respective project budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of research grant applications for both internal and external sources, in compliance with internal and agency guidelines. Manages proposal activities between multiple PIs and/or departments. Works with various departments to obtain cost data. Prepares budgets and budget justifications, checking for accuracy, completeness and conformance with System and agency guidelines.
- Interacts with both internal and external collaborating investigators in negotiating sub-contracts as well as service and consultant agreements, ensuring compliance with institutional and external agency policies.
- Develops, updates, and implements administrative procedures as they relate to pre and post award activities with the goal of strengthening support to the Principal Investigators.
- Responsible for the timely completion of salary splits and time and effort reports to ensure that personnel are charged appropriately and efforts are reported monthly. Develop and implement departmental guidance. Provides formal presentations to departmental staff.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Principal Investigator or Division Head/Department Chair/research program leader.
- Advises and assists Principal Investigator in identifying funding opportunities to promote research grant activity. Responsible for the hiring, managing and disciplining of employees. Directs and trains support staff in policies and procedures
- Master's degree in relevant field.
- Five (5) years of progressive research experience.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible financial experience.
- Prior leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research and analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully external departments or divisions.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Track record demonstrating a leadership role on the design, submission, and implementation of at least one grant-funded project.
- Analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Office Suite, including excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SPSS and RedCap, or other research analytic tools.
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.