Partners for a Malaria-Free Zambia
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
On March 9th, Rotary International, World Vision, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced the launch of Rotary’s inaugural Programs of Scale annual award.
Partners for a Malaria-Free Zambia is a $6 million grant to train, equip and deploy 2,500 Community Health Workers (CHWs) in Zambia’s Central and Muchinga provinces. The initiative focuses on districts with high malaria burdens but little or no CHW support. This project will scale-up Rotary’s extensive malaria elimination work in the Copperbelt Province, replicating work in the Southern Province which reduced malaria by 90%.
This special webinar will highlight Rotary International’s strategic vision for the annual Programs of Scale grant, and key elements, such as sustainability and scalability, in evaluating future proposals for this competitive award. Rotary grant-making representatives will provide a detailed assessment of this year’s winning program design, its focus on partnerships, mobilization, and will share key learnings from the first Programs of Scale evaluation process for the benefit of all future applicants.
Panelists for this event include:
- Martha Lungu, Executive Director, Malaria Partners Zambia
- Bill Feldt, Rotary Club of Federal, Malaria Partners International Ambassador
- Victor Barnes, Director of Programs and Grants, The Rotary Foundation
- Sarah Crawford, Programs of Scale, Rotary International
- Moderator: Jenny Andrews, Executive Director, Malaria Partners International