- This event has passed.
40 Years of Global Health: Past, Present, & Future
April 25, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
On the cusp of a period brimming with promise, the Center for Infectious Disease Research invites you to 40 Years of Global Health: Past, Present, and Future, celebrating their 40th anniversary and exploring the legacy of global health and what is poised to come next.
Hear from a panel of expert voices from leading Washington State global health institutions as they examine the seminal achievements seen to date, the current state of play in global health, and emerging ideas, challenges, and solutions expected to come in the coming decades.
This event is free and open to the public. The panel discussion will be followed by a wine and cheese reception.
Speakers to include:
- Lisa Cohen, Moderator, Executive Director, Washington Global Health Alliance
- Howard Frumkin, MD, DrPH, MPH, Dean, School of Public Health, University of Washington
- Simon Hay, DPhil, DSc, Director of Geospatial Science, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- Orin Levine, PhD, Director, Vaccine Delivery, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Julie McElrath, MD, PhD, Senior Vice President & Director, Vaccine & Infectious Disease Division, Fred Hutch
- Patty Murray, US Senator, Featured Video Message
- Ken Stuart, PhD, Interim-President, Founder, & Professor, Center for Infectious Disease Research
To ensure seating please RSVP here.