Fred Hutch’s Obliteride
For one weekend every August, Seattle turns orange as thousands of people break out their inner athletes to raise funds for lifesaving cancer research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center! Obliteride is two days of outdoor fun and celebration. A welcoming year-round community dedicated to lifesaving research. A place for everyone. Join the 25-, 50-, or 100-mile bike rides. Walk or run in the family-friendly 5K. Volunteer. Or support the participants! No matter who you are, there’s a place for you here.
- Obliteride is an exhilarating bicycle ride, walk, and run to raise critical funding for cancer research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- The event takes place in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. every August.
- This will be its seventh consecutive year.
- This event has raised more than $14.6 million to support lifesaving research.
- Generous sponsors cover the cost of the event, so every participant-raised dollar goes toward lifesaving research.
How it works
- Participants can be part of a team or they can join up on their own.
- Each rider, walker, or runner commits to a fundraising goal and then receives support from friends, family, coworkers, and others to reach that goal.
- Last year, 2,288 participants on 198 teams raised $2,588,675.
- The untimed walk/run is 5 kilometers long.
- Bicycle riders can choose a route: 25, 50, or 100 miles.
- Before the event, Obliteriders get tons of support for training and fundraising from resources on the website, in emails, at events, and from staff.
- On Obliteride weekend, participants are surrounded by amazing people, incredible food and entertainment, and an uplifting and inspiring atmosphere.
- Obliteride is more than the ride. There’s a big kickoff party on Friday night. The day of the event is filled with speakers, energy, and support. An after-party is a great chance to reconnect and see how much was raised.
How can I get involved in this awesome event?
- Sign up today to participate, fundraise, or volunteer.
- If you’re in Seattle, join come on the day of the event to cheer on the riders, walkers, and runners as they hit the pavement.
- Together, people are turning their passion for cures into millions of dollars for lifesaving cancer research!
Learn more and register here.