- This event has passed.
Washington Global Health Landscape Study & Policy Event
April 28, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Washington is home to a rich community of global health organizations addressing the most complex health challenges and saving millions of lives around the world.
The triennial Washington Global Health Landscape Study examines the breadth and depth of Washington’s global health sector and its contributions to the state’s economy.
We hope you will join us to learn more about Washington’s global health ecosystem and interact with the global health community. Special thanks to our sponsors RTI International and #ScienceWorks for making this landscape study possible.
Opening (K.R. Prahba, Vice President, Strategy, Growth & Innovation, Optum; WGHA board chair)
Research and Methodology for Landscape Study (Sara Nienow, Research Economist, RTI International)
Key Findings from Landscape Study (Maurizio Vecchione, President & CEO, WGHA)
Academic / NGO Panel:
- Brittn Grey, Executive Director, Global & Domestic Immersion Programs, Providence
- Hilary Godwin, Dean, UW School of Public Health
- Jim Kublin, Executive Director, HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN), Fred Hutch
- Nikolaj Gilbert, President & CEO, PATH
- Megan Bettilyon (moderator), Vice President, WGHA
- Mayor Angela Birney, Redmond
- Mayor Lynne Robinson, Bellevue
- Mayor Penny Sweet, Kirkland
- Rachel Smith, President & CEO, Seattle Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Maurizio Vecchione (moderator), President & CEO, WGHA
#ScienceWorks Presentation (Adriana Tovar-Salazar, Senior Associate Scientist, Bristol Myers Squibb)
Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease Presentation (Candace Dematteis, VP of Policy and Advocacy at the Partnership to Fight Infectious Disease)
Closing (Megan Bettilyon, Vice President, WGHA)