VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 40 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Assistant. The Assistant will work directly with the President and other members of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-oriented, global organization.
The Assistant provides administrative support to the President and senior management team by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls and meetings, and summarizing and following up on actions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Coordinate executive communications for the President, including managing requests for information, responding to emails, interfacing with partners and staff, and maintaining records of communication with stakeholders in organizational systems.
- Prepare internal and external documents and communications for team members and partners including conducting research and analysis.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries and expense reporting.
- Lead special projects on behalf of the Global Management Team such as coordinating the annual planning process, coordinating large events or webinars, and supporting strategy teams on actions and follow-up as requested.
- Support committees of the Board of Directors including working with committee chairs to create agendas, prepare materials, and support meeting logistics. Work with the Secretary to maintain all official board documentation and materials.
- Attend meetings, take notes, communicate and follow-up on actions.
- Conduct and communicate basic financial analysis of Executive Team budgets.
- Support internal communications initiatives within the global VillageReach team, including drafting materials, reviewing and editing materials created by other Executive Team members, and organizing global staff meetings.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach.
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software including Salesforce, PowerBI, Concur, and budgeting software.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-7 years of administrative experience
- Experience working with management-level staff in previous positions
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English; French or Portuguese language skills a plus.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 7, 2020. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.