Help save lives every day! This entry-level position in training to become a Blood Collection Specialist II is responsible for performing whole blood procedures with an uncompromising commitment to quality standards, the safety of the blood supply and the donor experience. Our world-class training program will provide you with the phlebotomy skills and knowledge needed to evaluate potential donors and perform blood collections.
- Take vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and hemoglobin
- Screen potential donors/patients and evaluate their eligibility following Bloodworks’ policies/procedures while answering donor questions that ensure they are giving informed consent for donation and blood testing
- Perform vein punctures for whole blood and collect samples for testing
- Follow universal precautions and bio-hazard safety standards for handling blood.
- Properly document and perform quality controls to uphold Bloodworks and FDA standards to maintain the safety of the blood supply
- Interact with team members and donors in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- High School education or GED equivalent required
- One year of work experience in a role where the primary focus is on customer service
- Driver’s license for 3 years with clean driving record
- Excellent hand- eye coordination
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend and reach to perform repetitive motions, lift and carry up to 60 pounds
- Work flexible shifts with the ability to travel to various work locations– schedules may change frequently and unexpectedly. Work may include overnight, holidays and weekend work away from home
- Ability to attend a 6-week training program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid for life and disability, 401(k) contribution, education reimbursement and up to 24 days of PTO your first year.