For the past 23 years, we’ve been doing work that matters. We’re a digital agency that leverages technology to extend the influence of our mission-driven clients. Every day, our team of more than 100 digital strategists, architects, designers, and creators help leading nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the country make an impact. But this team still needs you! This is your opportunity to join the company helping those doing good in the world – do more, reach more, and achieve more.
Forum One is looking for a Front End Developer to join our exceptional team in Seattle, WA. As a front end developer at Forum One you’ll help us create compelling stories about the impactful work our clients do. You’ll be part of a truly talented tech team of developers that constantly seeks innovative ways to serve our clients. What kind of clients could you support? We currently support Peace Corps, The Center for Health and Gender Equity (CHANGE), USAID, Center for Strategic and International Studies, NMAAHC, Fairfax County Public Schools, EPA and more!
As the ideal candidate, you’ll be capable of taking complex visual designs and translating them into quality code that works well across modern devices and browsers. You’ll participate in the process throughout a project’s life cycle, including design, development, and testing. Our company is made up of highly motivated individuals who love to help organizations reach their full digital potential, and we’re looking for someone with a similar mindset who seeks dynamic solutions, believes in our company’s mission, and brings innovative ideas.
What you’ll do:
- Create interactive prototypes, collaborate with Design and UX team, and carry out development work at the direction of a technical leader.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years on-the-job coding experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing semantic HTML and scalable CSS.
- Responsive design and layout experience including the use of media queries, feature detection, flexbox, and CSS-grid specifications.
- Experience using Sketch and/or Photoshop to extract elements and specifications from designer comps.
- Experience with popular CMS solutions like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
What we value:
- Passionate Practitioners – We care about the people who work for us, who we work with, and what we create.
- Joyful Collaborators – We’re enthusiastic, approachable, creative, pleasant, and reliable.
- Continuous Learners – We must always be expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact — as individuals and as a team.
- Inquisitive Problem Solvers – We bring a relentless curiosity and commitment to finding the best paths forward.
- Proactive Partners – We have a bias for action, tackling problems head-on, creating big ideas, and we’re hungry for progress.
- Trusted Allies – We do the right thing. For our clients, and for each other.
Forum One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.