Reporting to the Director of Budgets, RAI US Programs, the USP Budget Officer will provide technical and decision support to US programs budgetary operations for Field Offices and USP HQ. The Budget Officer will assist the Director in refining the annual budget submission process and developing more effective oversight of the budget and actuals throughout the fiscal year. The Budget Officer will work closely with field office Finance and Senior Managers to ensure operational budget submission are timely and the true reflection of the financial position of an office. Additionally, the Budget Officer will support USP HQ management team to effectively utilize restricted and unrestricted funds to meet operational needs and requirements.
The Budget Officer will work closely with USP HQ Leaders and Budget Owners, USP HQ Finance team, the FP&A unit and the CFO and colleagues across headquarters departments such as Human Resources and Global Supply Chain etc.
- Work closely with USP HQ staff to develop annual operating budget for Director of Budgets, RAI USP review and approval; guiding and supporting USP Field Offices to develop & summit annual operating budgets for his/her review and approval; and consolidate the USP Operational budgets three times a year;
- Prepare and communicate the Operational Budget Guidance to USP Field Offices;
- Work closely with Director of Budgets, RAI US in preparing summarized budget reports for Senior Management’s review and approval;
- Prepare the monthly payroll allocation report for Director of Budgets, RAI US’s review and approval;
- Support the USP HQ Senior Management team in areas of grant management, financial analysis and projections;
- Generate National Management Budget vs Actual (BvA) reports and communicate with Regional Directors and Field Offices on a monthly basis;
- In collaboration with the Post-Award Program Officer, provide timely financial tools and technical advice to the USP Quality and Innovation (PQI) unit to support the team’s effort to effectively manage spending on government/private grants and funds,
- Provide training to new Field Office Finance Managers on IRC’s operating budget policies and processes; Support Field Finance Managers on operational budget developments and management of budgets as needed;
- Working closely with USP HQ Finance staff to ensure HQs financial position is properly documented in the finance system; Support USP HQ program staff and finance teams in addressing any issues, discrepancies with grant and fund closeouts;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Budgets, RAI USP;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- Min. 3-5 years progressive budgeting/finance experience; proven knowledge in complex financial analysis and expertise working on budgets preferred; ability to create insight from data and analyses
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to apply creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands;
- Advanced computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications; experience with cloud-based planning tools, PowerBI and ERP systems is desirable.