SightLife is seeking an experienced Chief Global Officer (CGO) interested in applying their success in the business realm to making a significant impact on the world and eradicating a global health disease. Responsible for directing international development for the largest corneal global health organization in the world. Our goal is to partner to eliminate corneal blindness by 2040, ensuring no one must suffer from preventable blindness. The CGO will oversee SightLife subsidiaries and health systems development in low and middle income countries where preventable corneal blindness is most prevalent.
SightLife’s global health organization is looking for a chief global officer capable of maintaining our status as the world leader in addressing corneal blindness in an ever-changing landscape, not only with a proven track record of health systems development in low and middle income countries, but experience developing innovating business models and industry partnerships. You will work alongside the CEO to execute the company vision, provide compelling leadership to a geo-dispersed organization, put procedures and resources in place to promote scaling, optimize inefficient areas in the organization and coordinate with department heads. SightLife’s ideal CGO has at least 15 years of experience working with international health systems development and managing global subsidiaries.
For information about this position or SightLife, please visit www.sightlife.org.
- Successful leadership experience in developing global health systems in low and middle income countries
- Lead strategic development and implementation of
- Policy and Advocacy efforts to impact regulations for a favorable healthcare system to eliminate corneal blindness
- Public awareness programs around access to care and donation
- Prevention programs
- Government, hospital and private sector partnerships to facilitate removing barriers in the system
- Global eye bank development efforts including formulation of all long-term plan and program components and supporting assessment tools
- Continuum of care capabilities, including ophthalmic specialist and surgeon training programs to ensure effective identification, treatment and follow up care
- Grow strategic footprint and services across greater Asia, Latin America and Africa
- Manage and develop current subsidiaries in India and China, develop plan for office expansion in Latin America and Africa
- Manage the philanthropic/fundraising team, ensuring growth and effective engagement with financial donors to support our mission
- Develop, oversee and maintain strategic relationships that are aligned with SightLife’s mission, vision and strategies both domestically and internationally
- Set clear strategies, objectives and goals and cascade them for effective implementation across partners, customers, and our internal organization; monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Manage the international Rhythm of Business through performance and people reviews.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships with marketing, HR, finance and IT to evolve the business to promote effectiveness, scale, innovation and impact toward our mission.
- Attract, retain and motivate staff
- Serve as a contributing member of SightLife’s Executive Team
- In all daily activities, strive to support the Mission, Vision, and Values of SightLife.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to organ and tissue donation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successful leadership experience in developing global health systems
- Change management experience
- Consulting and problem-solving skills and experience
- Strategic planning expertise
- Strong project leadership skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad cultural knowledge and cultural sensitivity
- Strong analytical capabilities and proficiency in relevant systems
- Ability to travel internationally to developed and developing countries for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate vision to board of directors, other C-level officers and company employees
- Ability to inspire diverse and international employees to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Master’s in Business Administration, Public Health or International Development preferred
- 15+ years experience in health systems development
- 10+ years experience in international market development, primarily low and middle income countries
- Successful experience managing international subsidiaries
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
- Masters in Business Administration, Public Health or International Development preferred
- Hold +15 years of leadership experience