The Clinic Manager contributes to the Calling of Medical Teams International through supervision and management of the day-to-day operations of a mobile healthcare clinic in a specific geographic area. This position includes clinic and administrative functions as well as short-term and long-term planning functions for running a successful mobile clinic “office”. The Clinic Manager works with a portfolio of clinic partners and volunteer dental and medical providers.
Clinic & Patient Care Duties:
- Manage and direct the daily operations of assigned clinic and mobile clinic vehicle as scheduled.
- Maintain quality standards and comply with applicable infection control, OSHA, WISHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Assist with dental and medical services provided as directed by volunteer providers outlined in the Care & Connect model.
- Assist with referral of patients to additional treatment or healthcare services.
- If needed, take and process digital oral x-rays (training and certifications will be provided if necessary).
- Secure and clean operatories post clinic, ensuring vehicle is ready for travel and the next clinic.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current dental and medical needs of the populations served.
- Create an environment where patients feel respected and cared for.
- Reviews patient care procedures and evaluates volunteer performance with regular assessments, patient questionnaires, and personal observations.
- Work with the volunteer service providers and clinic partners to find the most effective way of executing the daily duties/operation of the clinic.
- Maintain records for daily clinic operations, including health histories, consent, treatment coding, and patient demographic data.
Clinic Partner & Location Relationships:
- Manage a small portfolio of clinic partners in a specific geographic area, participate in setting site fees and prepare information for MOU’s and contracts.
- Cultivate strong working relationship with partner agency staff, reporting any concerns to Program Manager.
- Seek opportunities to develop new partner relationships that support program objectives, refer to other team members for follow-up as appropriate.
- Assist in negotiating site fees from assigned partner agencies.
- Create an environment where volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience.
- Assist with the on-going recruitment and scheduling of volunteers by promoting, referring and recommending potential volunteers.
Mobile Clinic Vehicles:
- Ensure assigned mobile unit is clean, well-stocked, and equipment is in working order and ready for clinics, regardless of specific clinic or staff assignment.
- Perform mandatory pre and post checks of clinic vehicle each clinic day, enter all information in Fleetio immediately.
- Comply with all parking, driving, and storage requirements; driving to and from clinic locations.
- Troubleshoot, and perform simple repairs to the Mobile Clinic vehicles and on-board dental equipment and supplies as directed by Program Manager or Fleet Specialist to ensure the clinic is successful.
- Comply with Medical Teams’ global driver training and policies and participate in annual driver training specific to mobile clinics.
- Work with Fleet Specialist to ensure maintenance and repairs are scheduled and completed in a timely way.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant healthcare field.
- Certification for x-ray, dental, or medical assisting, as required by particular state law, to provide direct patient care or willingness to obtain as needed.
- Certification for CPR, Blood Born Pathogens, and HIPAA as required by law.
- Valid State driver license with few or no traffic violations.
- Master’s degree or other certifications in relevant field, as required by state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Bilingual in Spanish
You can view the full job description online here.