The Mobile Clinic Scheduler contributes to the mission of Medical Teams by efficiently scheduling and coordinating mobile clinics in specified areas of Washington State. The Scheduler links together, supports, and is a hub of communication for Clinic Managers, Clinic Partners, and Provider Volunteers to optimize the performance of US Programs in Washington.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Scheduling and Calendaring:
- Manage Clinic schedules to meet the needs and objectives of Medical Teams, patients, volunteers, site partners, and clinic managers.
- Schedule staff, volunteers, vehicles, partners and clinic locations for each clinic.
- Liaise with Fleet Manager ensuring mobile clinics vehicles are in working order for each clinic.
- Ensure all entities are included in communications, confirmations, and calendars.
- Ensure invoice billing for site fees is correct and collected, collaborate with Finance Department on collections.
- Maintain accuracy of CRM Database (Dynamics 365) and scheduling calendars related to program region.
- Create various reports related to clinic scheduling to support fundraising, scorecard and PR needs.
- Perform other administrative tasks to support program objectives.
- Act as primary point of contact for volunteers; promptly schedule, coordinate, and confirm their assignments.
- Recruit provider volunteers for clinics from a roster of approved providers.
- Participate in activities for recruiting/training new volunteers and retaining existing volunteers.
- Provide welcoming service and support for all volunteers, ensuring a positive experience with Medical Teams.
- Alert supervisor or Dental Director of any concerns regarding care provided by volunteers.
Clinic Partners and Locations:
- Work with clinic partners to coordinate, schedule, and confirm requests for mobile clinics.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of clinic partners.
- Periodically visit partner agencies to cultivate relationships.
- Collaborate in gathering information for MOU’s and contracts with partners.
- Confirm parking is secure and appropriate at the site and parking permits are ordered if needed.
- Field occasional calls from the public for general information about the program.
- Be a positive representative of the Mobile Dental program at all times.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Be able to travel for organizational or department off-site meetings up to 3 times per year in the Pacific Northwest.
- Be available for occasional meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
High school diploma or GED.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Three years’ experience in a related field.
- Five years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profit agencies, and/or public health agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Compassion and care for the patient populations we serve; radically hospitable.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff and persons at all levels of function and authority.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, highly organized, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to field emergency calls in non-standard working hours (periodically) and support volunteers, partners, or staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in creating documents, spreadsheets, and organizing mailings using Office 365 suite.
- Knowledge of or willingness to become a power user of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) to be able to input and pull data.
- Ability to work with web-based calendaring system.
- Advanced capability or willingness to learn OpenDental (EHR).
- Understanding of compliance with HIPAA.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint, or willingness to learn.
- Possess an attitude of flexibility and focus on solutions.
- Good intuition and high emotional intelligence.
- Well organized; able to manage and follow up to see tasks through.
- Creative – ability to think through locations, staff schedules, and problem solve.
- Knowledge of medical billing (CPT codes).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
Requires frequent use of a personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and scanner.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet when in the office. Noise and activity levels when on the dental vans are higher.