Are you an experienced NICU clinician who is passionate about making a difference for women and children? Do you want to share your knowledge to save newborn lives across the globe? Would you like to be part of a global non-profit and leading ‘business for purpose’?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Development is seeking a Clinical Programs Manager to provide clinical expertise in the care of the newborn. Working alongside the Global Health Team, the Clinical Programs Manager will support and develop Adara’s maternal, newborn and child health programs, providing clinical expertise and training to ensure best practice.
About the Adara Group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organization called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is an equal opportunity employer. The Adara Group is a child-safe organization. All employees are required to undergo criminal background checks and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
About this opportunity:
- Part-time permanent position in a flexible working environment
- Informal, yet professional workplace, with a fun and enthusiastic team
- Opportunity to work with a global team to plan and develop exciting programs aimed at reducing newborn and maternal mortality in Uganda, Nepal and around the world
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing clinical expertise in support of Adara’s programs. The Clinical Programs Manager will act as an advisor on all programs, ensuring all programs are evidenced-based and best practice and providing clinical advice to our teams on the ground
- Assisting in the development of education materials for maternal, newborn and child health programs for low-resource settings and delivering virtual and onsite trainings
- Participating in the development and management of Adara’s current and new Global Health Programs, including administrative support such as and preparing reports and budgets and project management
- Working alongside the Global Health team on grant applications, to develop materials, and to provide clinical oversight for the implementation of research studies
- Working collaboratively with Adara’s Global Health Team, including virtual meetings with teams overseas
To excel in this position, you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in nursing
- A minimum of five years of neonatal intensive care unit experience
- Experience in Maternity care and/or Labor and Delivery is desirable
- A willingness to travel internationally
- Deep clinical experience, knowledge, and skills.
- A passion for teaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a highly developed cultural awareness.
- Confidence in public speaking and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure
- A confident, proactive, flexible, and adaptable approach
- A commitment to children’s welfare
- A commitment to social justice and international development.
While not essential, these skills are preferred:
- Experience travelling or working in developing countries.
- Experience in program development
- Experience in curriculum development or nursing education
- Experience with writing and editing (MS Office Suite)
- A master’s degree
WHAT ADARA DEVELOPMENT OFFERS
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Healthcare and retirement benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Vibrant and connected global team
The position includes a hybrid model of both work-from-home and physical time spent in the office. As COVID-19 regulations and mandates allow, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office space in Edmonds, WA at least one day per week. This is subject to your manager’s discretion and operational requirements.
To support the safety of our teams and their families, all candidates will be able to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19. Additionally, employees of Adara will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination. Reasonable accommodations may be offered.
Interested? We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a cover letter within your CV and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you put ‘Adara Development Clinical Programs Manager’ in the subject line.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here: https://www.adaragroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/JD-Clinical-Programs-Manager-USA-Final-21-Oct-2021.pdf.
Applications close on 26 November 2021. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.