Amplio’s mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities through knowledge sharing. Our rugged, battery-powered Talking Book audio device enables global development organizations to amplify their reach in remote, low-literate communities. Talking Books provide on-demand access to information in the user’s local language, empowering people to gain new skills and knowledge to improve their lives. Each Talking Book collects usage data and user feedback, which helps our partners monitor their programs, gain a deeper understanding of the communities they serve, and make data-driven decisions for program improvements. Amplio’s technology includes an audio content manager, a mobile app to update content and collect data in the field, and an analytics dashboard.
Since 2007, Amplio (formerly Literacy Bridge) has reached over 600,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda through Talking Book programs and partnerships with organizations such as CARE and UNICEF.
We seek a thoughtful, organized Communications Assistant to provide communications support for marketing, development, and related administration. We need a good communicator with strong attention to detail. Editing and writing print and digital materials will be part of your job. If you also have donor relations or social media experience, we’d like to meet you.
This position can be shaped, in part, by your skills and experience. Your goal will be to help ensure clear and timely communications of Amplio’s message across all channels.
- Draft and edit copy for wide range of communications, including donor correspondence, blog posts, and reports.
- Assist in updating and maintaining web content and social media.
- Help plan and implement procedures for content/knowledge management.
- Maintain calendars and project timelines.
- Support preparations for meetings, conferences, and other events.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of relevant experience is desired
The ideal candidate will possess a sense of humor and have qualifications in:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Administrative and project management
- Working independently and with others
- MS Office; WordPress, email marketing, and/or design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
- Salesforce or other CRM software is also desired
Language Requirements: English proficiency is required
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours/week, salaried, not eligible for overtime pay
Compensation: Depends on experience
Location and travel: Position will be based in Seattle, WA
We’re a small but mighty team. Your skills should represent a motivation to work independently and produce high quality work.
Closing date: Priority will be given to applications received by August 26, 2019.
Application: Interested in the Project Coordinator position? Please send the following to email@example.com: your cv/résumé and a cover letter containing how your experience relates to this role (include specific examples, please!).