The Washington Global Health Alliance (WGHA) is a membership organization of more than 70 global health organizations working to achieve health equity. WGHA connects and informs Washington’s global health community, creating a culture of collaboration at home so our members can have more impact in the world.
WGHA brings members together through events and conversations designed to advance common goals, share best practices, and foster collaboration across organizations and disciplines.
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing WGHA’s brand, directing its external communications, and producing its biweekly e-newsletter Field Notes. A successful candidate is a strong writer who thrives in a team environment.
WGHA seeks candidates who are creative, collaborative, relational, intellectually curious, and attentive to detail. A sense of humor is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Washington Global Health Alliance’s communications and marketing strategy and the execution and management of WGHA’s brand
- Manage relationships with external vendors
- Serve as WGHA’s webmaster, setting strategy, guidelines, and architecture
- Organize and execute quarterly meetings of communications leads for WGHA member organizations, including developing agenda, securing speakers, inviting and evaluating
- Manage relationships and communications with WGHA members’ communications staff, including promotion of events
- Manage development and production of Field Notes, WGHA’s e-newsletter
- Set and execute WGHA’s social media strategy
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with project planning, execution, and evaluation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a small team
- Ability to take initiative and move things forward amid competing demands
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM system a plus
- Experience working with FormAssembly or other event management platforms
- Interest in and familiarity with global health
- Process improvement experience
- Full time, 40 hours/week, with the ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
- Salary Range $53,000 – $58,000
WGHA believes that diversity drives innovation. We welcome people from all backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Add yours to our team by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Communications Manager Application.