The Max Foundation’s (themaxfoundation.org) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, it creates access channels to targeted cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries where no other means of access exist. The Max Foundation creates those channels by working with pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and patient associations. Its international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on its own access programs, rather than given as grants to other charitable organizations.
The Max Foundation is currently working to increase the size and scope of its access programs so it can reach more patients and, in doing so, meet today’s global health needs and those of the future as well. The Max Foundation has a fast-paced organizational culture and aim for large-scale impact. At its current capacity, each year it delivers more than 4,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients around the world.
The Max Foundation is looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles: you model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work; show dedication through your passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope; spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for constituents; and value collaboration, working well with others at all levels and knowing the end result is better for it.
The Content Manager (CM) supports the mission by developing content for The Max Foundation. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, the Content Manager implements the communications strategy for The Max Foundation’s global work in cancer control. The Content Manager will create high quality, high-impact content across all departments. Content creation includes digital assets, copywriting, interviewing, social media, and more.
Write, edit, and update web, social media, and print content for professional and lay audiences. Content areas include: marketing (blog posts, brochures, e-mail newsletters), programs (fact sheets, feature articles, presentations), development (video production, campaigns, appeals), and more
- Coordinate the progress and development of content projects across departments, platforms, and materials through managing the editorial planning
- Ensure that content supports and adheres to organizational brand, style conventions, and voice
- Collaborate with the Senior Brand Manager in developing processes and best practices for content management across the organization (i.e. interview guidelines, story collection, messaging, etc.)
- Partner with key internal stakeholders across global team to plan content with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Liaise with external partners and stakeholders, as needed, on specific projects
- Determine content structure and requirements for the website, inventory existing content, identify gaps, and evaluate possible sources for additional material
- Support video production by developing scripts and reviewing recorded materials for content
- Collaborate on overall UX strategy, including analytics reporting for the website and email campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism or related field
- 3-5+ years of full-time experience in a professional writing capacity
- Mission-driven approach and passion for global equity
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Nonprofit experience, ideally in global health
- Experience in planning processes for digital and print content
- Familiarity with content strategy, search engine optimization, and brand management
Skills and Attributes
- Proficiency in grammar, copyediting, proofreading, and using style guides
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate the organizations mission at all levels of writing to various audiences
- Capacity for flexibility and openness to adjust to a changing work environment
- Ability to multitask and work among diverse team of professionals
- Ability to turn complicated subjects in the realms of science, medicine, and global health into public-facing written assets
- Enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel (locally and internationally), some travel may be required
The Max Foundation offers compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
Please include résumé and cover letter with your application.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.