Amplio’s mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities through knowledge sharing. Our rugged, battery-powered Talking Book audio device enables global development organizations to amplify their reach in remote, lowliterate communities. Talking Books provide on-demand access to information in the user’s local language, empowering people to gain new skills and knowledge to improve their lives. Each Talking Book collects usage data and user feedback, which helps our partners monitor their programs, gain a deeper understanding of the communities they serve, and make data-driven decisions for program improvements. Amplio’s technology includes an audio content manager, a mobile app to update content and collect data in the field, and an analytics dashboard.
Since 2007, Amplio (formerly Literacy Bridge) has reached over 600,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda through Talking Book programs and partnerships with organizations such as CARE and UNICEF.
With your help, we can form new partnerships to reach millions more people who can benefit from our technology. If you don’t have business development experience, but you’re organized, motivated, and want to learn, we want to hear from you. However, it is important that you have a solid background in global program design.
- Research global development organizations and their programs to evaluate whether our Talking Book platform could amplify their impact.
- Research and track grant opportunities, including U.S. Government grants that are seeking proposals that would be strengthened by incorporating our Talking Book platform.
- Manage our Salesforce database and develop reports related to development organizations and grant opportunities.
- Prepare concept notes and contribute to proposals for potential projects.
- Manage correspondence with potential customers.
- Support the customer relationships and the partnership process.
- Conduct presentations or pitches to potential customers.
- Support preparations for meetings, conferences, and other outreach events.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of global program design experience
- Business development, marketing or outreach experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proactive, self-starter
- Can work well independently and in teams
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Passion for excellence and continuous improvement, with a healthy pragmatism
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software (preferred)
- English proficiency is required; French proficiency is desired.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: Position will be based in Seattle, WA.
We’re a small but mighty team. Your experience should represent a motivation to work independently and produce high quality work.
CLOSING DATE: Priority will be given to applications received by October 7, 2019.
APPLICATION: Interested in the Business Development Coordinator position? Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: your cv/résumé and a cover letter containing how your experience relates to this role (include specific examples, please