As member of the mobile COVID-19 testing team, the Clinic Assistant serves as the first point of contact for patients. This position ensures documentation is complete and entered into the tracking system. They provide a warm welcome to each client and promote linguistically and culturally appropriate services by collaborating with the individual, case workers, and personnel to register patients at the testing clinic and answer questions about the testing and patient navigation through the clinic. This individual works with a team to reach high-risk and underserved populations with prompt COVID-19 testing and education. The Clinic Assistant also assists by labeling and preparing supplies, acting as a courier to transport samples from the testing area to the refrigerator, and assisting with patient navigation at the testing site. The clinic assistant adheres to current guidelines and best practices for COVID-19 testing, PPE usage, and hygiene protocols.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Greet patients and assist them in navigating through the testing site.
- Record patient details manually, when necessary.
- Provide COVID-19 education and encourage community members to participate in testing.
- Assist with labeling and preparing of testing kits.
- Assist team members with COVID testing and education for Self-Swabbing COVID clinics.
- Perform COVID testing registration and other required information collection with the use of a computer or other electronic device.
- Serve as courier to transport samples from the testing area to the refrigerator or pre-assigned cooler.
- Follow all infection, prevention and control policies and procedures, ensures that no cross contamination occurs during transport of specimens.
- Assist testing professional to provide contactless transfer of specimen kit before and after testing.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste (biohazard versus non-biohazard).
- Assist testing professional in confirming that all lab and specimen labels are printed with the correct patient identifiers.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Support with set-up and take-down of clinic tents and supplies.
- Additional duties as assigned. May be asked to assist in other roles as needed.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Active Medical Assistant (MA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Nurse Technician license.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working or volunteering in the healthcare field such as a MA, CNA or Nurse Technician, EMT, Paramedic, Emergency Depart Technician, or lab technician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Understanding of infection, prevention and control measures, policies and processes.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Office.
- Skilled with data entry.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong cultural awareness with the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to work well in an international, stressful and security sensitive environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work out of schedule when applicable.
- Ability to travel to various rural locations within Oregon and Washington State (up to 100% of the time).
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer programs and technologies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be a risk of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Hepatitis B vaccination series is required.