The COVID Testing Clinic Manager contributes to the Calling of Medical Teams International through supervision and management of the day-to-day operations of a mobile testing clinic. This position includes clinic and administrative functions as well as short-term and long-term planning functions for running a successful mobile clinic “office”. The Clinic Manager works with clinic site partners and manages on-site staff and volunteer medical providers. This is a 3-month, limited duration position with possible extension.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinic & Patient Care Duties:
- Manage and direct the daily operations of assigned testing clinics and mobile clinic vehicle.
- Prepare for clinics and ensure all is ready for patients and volunteer providers one hour prior to clinic opening.
- Provide direct testing if needed, or patient screening and education in preparation for testing.
- Maintain quality standards and comply with applicable infection control, OSHA, WISHA, and HIPAA regulations.
- Monitor for correct use of PPE, including donning/doffing.
- Assist with reporting and referral of patients to additional treatment or healthcare services.
- Create an environment where patients feel respected and cared for.
- Train or review testing procedures and evaluate volunteer performance.
- Work with the volunteers and testing site partners to find the most effective way of executing the daily duties/operation of the clinic.
- Ensure lab requisitions are completed accurately and that specimens are delivered.
- Maintain and ensure on-board inventory of PPE, forms, test kits, office supplies, and infection control products.
Clinic Partner & Location Relationships:
- Cultivate strong working relationship with partner agency staff, reporting any concerns to Program Manager.
- Seek opportunities to develop new partner relationships that support program objectives, refer to other team members for follow-up as appropriate.
- Create an environment where volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience.
- Assist with the on-going recruitment of volunteers by promoting, referring, and recommending potential volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and Clinic Scheduler to support the recruitment and scheduling of volunteers.
Mobile Clinic Vehicles:
- Ensure assigned vehicle is stocked and ready for clinics, regardless of specific clinic or staff assignment.
- Secure and clean vehicle post clinic, with driver ensure vehicle is ready for travel and the next clinic.
- Ensure that mandatory pre and post checks of clinic vehicle are performed each clinic day, entering all information in Fleetio app.
- Comply with all parking, driving, and storage requirements.
- Drive to and from clinic locations if trained and able/willing to do so.
- Work with Fleet Manager to troubleshoot vehicle issues.
- Maintain or ensure accurate records for daily clinic operations, including patient registration health histories, consent (ROI), treatment coding, volunteer hours, and patient demographic data.
- Confirm requests for mobile dental clinics in conjunction with Program Manager and Clinic Scheduler. Enter or ensure that all assigned clinics are entered into SignUp Genius (or other volunteer scheduling app) accurately, as far in advance as possible and with as much information as possible.
- Ensure clinic scheduling calendar, Outlook calendar, and CRM are regularly updated.
- Report to scheduler and close each clinic in CRM, with all required fields, by end of clinic day.
- Maintain accurate records of daily clinic operations and patient encounters.
- Utilize Outlook calendar to communicate weekly schedule, work locations, admin days, PTO, etc.
- Ensure on-board inventory of supplies and is adequate for one week of testing and notify appropriate team members of any supplies, equipment or repairs needed.
- Report accidents and incidents immediately.
- Attendance at team meetings as required.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Be a positive representative of the Mobile Dental program at all times.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant healthcare field.
- Certification or professional license as required by particular state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Certification for CPR (BLS), Blood Born Pathogens, and HIPAA as required by law.
- Valid driver license with few or no traffic violations.
- Master’s degree or other certifications in relevant field, as required by state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a clinical setting, public health, or dental or medical office.
- Experience driving an RV sized vehicle with good driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Compassion and care for the patient populations we serve; radically hospitable.
- Clinical knowledge of medical, nursing, public health, practices or offices.
- Passion and commitment to serving volunteers and clinic partners with excellence.
- Understanding and compliance with HIPAA and all related healthcare regulations such as infection control and other OSHA, and WISHA requirements in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of the health needs of populations served.
- Self-starter, quick and curious learner, detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently and in remote settings.
- Hands-on and clinically minded, enjoys performing a broad variety of tasks.
- Flexible problem solver, able to think through immediate issues and seek out solutions.
- Well organized, able to manage and follow up to see tasks through on-time, and possess good time management skills.
- Comfortable troubleshooting technology and accessing programs and files remotely.
- Comfortable using technology and moderately skilled with Microsoft Office 365 suite (including Outlook email and calendar), Teams, OpenDental, and/or other electronic health record platform. Experienced or comfortable working in a paperless office and with digital systems and equipment.
- Excellent and responsive communicator with team, managers, and other staff.
- Good intuition and high emotional intelligence.
- Works collaboratively and comfortably with volunteer providers and outside agency partners.
- Works collaboratively and comfortable with a diverse staff and persons at all levels of function, authority, and socio-economic levels.
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written, particularly for patient charting and referrals.
- Demonstrated patient advocate.
- Ability to operate quickly and calmly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends (approximately 2 per month).
- Ability to drive and support of Medical Teams International’s Mobile Clinic vans.
- Ability to travel for multi-day testing deployments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires use of and assistance with a variety of dental and medical equipment including x-ray equipment.
- Requires use of personal computers, including word processing, database programs), electronic health record systems, and calendaring systems; calculator, telephone, copy and scanning machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There may be a risk of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Hepatitis B vaccination series is required.