PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Reporting to the Chief Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy (SPP) Officer, the Deputy Director of Foundations, Trusts and Community Engagement will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that grow PATH’s global market and maximize private sector revenue-generating opportunities through partnerships including foundations/trusts, corporate employee engagement and corporate social responsibility, with a substantial focus on raising unrestricted and flexible revenue to help achieve PATH’s mission. Leveraging PATH’s 40+ year history of partnering with industry, this role will help drive PATH’s SPP function to its next level of evolution.
The Deputy Director will be responsible for leading a team of talented account managers to develop sector expansion strategies for key foundation partners/prospects and corporate employees, managing and providing leadership to a portfolio of strategic accounts, developing and championing the necessary systems and processes required to globalize SPP at PATH, and providing leadership to a talented team of global account managers.
- Serve as a senior member of the SPP team providing leadership and direct management for the Strategic Partnerships team. Devise and deliver cutting edge strategies that drive the global direction and expansion of foundation partnerships, corporate employee engagement and corporate social responsibility at PATH.
- Lead and develop a geographically diverse, high performing team of account managers and support the strategic development and expansion of their portfolios to secure new funding and expand existing partnerships, which will include providing senior representation on key accounts.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of effective strategies to engage foundations/trusts, corporate partners’ employee bases and cause marketing partners to mobilize resources and provide significant funding opportunities.
- Create strategies, tools and supporting structures to enable individuals to be successful in service of the global SPP strategy.
- Develop strong professional relationships with executives and senior leaders in partner institutions to define and develop partnership goals and objectives.
- Proactively engage as a senior representative to expand PATH’s community of supporters, including representing PATH at high level networking and engagement events.
- Drive accountability and ownership of revenue targets within the Trusts and Foundations team.
- Track competition and identify threats to the organization as well as business opportunities.
- Form an integral part of SPP leadership, providing strategic support and deep sector expertise to the organization.
- Effectively leverage PATH’s value proposition, market position and global operational capabilities to develop sector-leading, impact-driven partnerships including with foundations/trusts and targeted corporations through social impact programming.
- Lead the Strategic Partnerships team to meet and exceed established targets, including securing six and seven+ figure gifts.
- Proactively identify and leverage cross working opportunities, modernize operations and continually improve PATH’s ability to deliver SPP strategic objectives.
- Serve as a thought leader and advisor to Chief Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer and be a visible representative of PATH’s dynamic international organization. S/he will serve as an integral part of the SPP team and be comfortable in a leadership position at a large global institution.
- Manage executive participation in support of SPP, working with Vice President of Global Engagement and Communications and Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 10 years of full-time experience as a foundation partnerships, corporate engagement, marketing or business development professional; Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant direct experience managing a global business development function with staff responsible for measurable results within a leading global organization.
- Significant managerial and talent development experience in a global, complex organization.
- Previous experience working with global health, scientific, or nonprofit sectors preferred.
- Seasoned leader with proven track record developing, implementing and driving global engagement activities and business development strategies with a focus on measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability creating and realizing multi-sector partnerships based on an understanding of private sector trends and environments to achieve both mission-based and bottom-line objectives.
- Deep experience effectively managing pipelines/portfolios.
- Adept at negotiating complex deals. Experience driving successful outcomes conceptualizing, negotiating and closing multi-million-dollar programs, with senior executives at partner organisations.
- Strong grounding in corporate social responsibility and shared value principles and strategy development, coupled with an understanding of factors that drive and support institutional readiness.
- Experience managing high performing and driven multidisciplinary teams and complex projects in a fast-paced environment; strong appetite for bringing new and creative ideas to both established and newly-created teams.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills at the C-suite/executive level and a track record of building new networks/communities including within virtual environments.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Job Location: Seattle, Washington
Company Location: United States
Position type: Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this position, click here.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. PATH is an equal opportunity employer.