The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for the management of key components of the overall communications strategy, with an emphasis on digital communications. The Digital Communications Manager works across departments to create a social media strategy and plan for PPGNHI/PPVNH/PPINK/PPAIK to help meet the organizations’ goals.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing digital communications to increase overall agency visibility, patient revenue, donations, and advocacy actions. Works with key staff to identify and implement effective strategies and identify opportunities across our region to maximize social media. Uses digital media tools to increase the organization’s health services and educational programs’ impact, as well as to drive 501c4 advocacy and PAC goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital marketing, or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience within digital communications, including social media.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with content management systems and knowledge of basic graphic design concepts.
- Experience in special events, promotions, advertising and/or public relations.
- Experience incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into work and messaging.