Panorama is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact.
Panorama is recruiting a Director, Finance to manage and oversee the accounting and finance for our organization. Working closely with senior management and the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the Director, Finance will be responsible for ensuring that our systems and processes enable the long-term success of the organization. The Director, Finance will oversee accounting, payroll, audit, banking, cash management and financial reporting as well as setting standards, process development, compliance, and risk management.
This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations. Preference will be given to candidates in Seattle, Washington but the position is open to being fully remote on a permanent basis.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications received by April 12, 2021 will receive priority review
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design accounting policies and procedures in alignment with generally accepted accounting principles and Panorama’s mission and values.
- Strategize, plan, and direct Panorama’s financial decisions in partnership with the VP of Finance and Operations and the senior leadership team.
- Manage staff accountant(s) in processing day-to-day transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general journal entries.
- Approve and release vendor payments and client invoices.
- Oversee monthly payroll processing in partnership with Human Resources.
- Maintain relationship with payroll provider and ensure compliance management in partnership with Human Resources.
- Perform month–end reconciliation and period close.
- Maintain all financial and accounting records in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Financial Reporting & Tax Filings
- Prepare and review financial reports with VP of Finance and Operations and the senior leadership team.
- Manage input of enterprise, grant, and program budgets into accounting system.
- Prepare and review budget reports and projections regularly with VP of Finance and Operations, senior team, and other stakeholders.
- Support regular periodic budgeting process.
- Support regular budget reporting for programs and grants.
- File state and local revenue returns.
- Partner with CPA in preparation of federal tax returns.
- Manage annual financial audit, in partnership with the VP of Finance and Operations.
- Prepare financial reporting for the Panorama Global Board of Directors.
- Maintain strategically aligned banking relationship for Panorama and maximize stewardship of assets.
- Manage online banking access.
- Oversee corporate credit card management.