Global Washington seeks a Director of Communications to lead one of our three core work streams, the promotion and visibility of our members and their work. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director will drive strategy and lead implementation of all marketing and communications activities. The Director will work closely with member organizations to design issue campaigns that will publicize and promote their activities and provide connection points to others working to advance the same goals.
Job Location: Global Washington staff are working remotely for the foreseeable future, however, staff will convene often in Seattle, Washington when it is safe to do so. We have a strong preference for this candidate to be physically located in the Seattle-area, but we will take applications for those living outside the state as well.
Position: Full-time, exempt, salary position.
Salary Range: $68,000 – $70,000 depending on skillset.
- On-going Communications and Strategy
- Overall support to elevate the brand and positioning of GlobalWA
- Produce an annual work plan with metrics tied to overall organizational goals
- Participate in annual and long-term strategy discussions with the Executive Director
- Production of annual report, annual Global Philanthropy Guide, annual conference report
- Support all communications needs for Women of the World program
- Manage mass communication schedule with others on staff
- Work with webmaster on content and organization of GlobalWA webpage
- Cultivate relationships with media, write press releases, and pitch stories
- Design and Implement Monthly Issue Campaigns
- Curate and write content for monthly issue campaigns to raise the profile of GlobalWA members around specific shared areas of impact
- Produce monthly e-newsletter – plan feature stories and issue brief, write and curate content, coordinate member interviews, execute a project plan, and edit all content
- Curate and write blog posts
- Manage all social media accounts
- Manage relevant contractors
- Promote Events
- Work closely with event manager on content and positioning of events
- Coordinate promotion and media relations for all events and day-of coverage
- Plan and implement the marketing and production pieces for the annual conference
- Member Relations
- Engage members throughout the year to promote their work, expertise, and impact
- Contribute to overall engagement strategy with Executive Director, Membership Director and members themselves on creative ways to engage, promote, and participate as a GlobalWA member
- Build relationships and collaborate with communications and CSR staff at member organizations
To Apply: For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and fit for the role to email@example.com with the subject line Comms Director Application by April 30, 2021.