The Director of Finance and Administration at is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and processes related to the finance, human resources, information technology, facilities, and legal/compliance activities of Global to Local. This position reports to the CEO and is a member of the senior leadership team.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new initiatives. Execute payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Evaluate, recommend, implement, and monitor all banking activities.
- Prepare financial statements and financial reports for funders and other stakeholders. Coordinate the annual audit and Form 990 preparation.
- Oversee selection and administration of employee benefit plans; process employee enrollments, changes, and terminations; manage annual open enrollment period. Manage relationship with insurance broker and other vendors.
- Develop and implement policies and processes related to recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding. Support hiring managers as needed through all stages of recruiting and hiring.
- Oversee administrative personnel and ensure that the day-to-day operations of G2L offices run smoothly and efficiently. This includes supply and equipment inventory and purchasing, and serving as the main point of contact with the property management company for all facilities and leasing issues.
- Select and supervise the work of contract IT consultants.
Who G2L Is Looking For
G2L is dedicated to an equitable hiring process and recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. As such, G2L encourages qualified applicants to apply regardless of informal or formal education.
- Please have at least 5 years of experience with nonprofit financial management and administration, and at least 1 year of supervisory experience. G2L is looking for people with experience in budgeting, grant administration, audits, compliance or risk management, coordinating recruiting & hiring processes, onboarding new hires, and processing benefit enrollments.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues and a high degree of comfort using technology is important for this role. Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Work, and Excel at an intermediate level is required. Experience using QuickBooks is highly desired.
- This position requires the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with board members, co-workers, vendor, clients, consultants, and volunteers.
- Strong ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and create systems/processes
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $60,000 to $84,000. Global to Local has some great benefits, including:
- Two plan options for medical/dental insurance, including a plan with $0 premium for employee coverage.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program are provided at no cost to the employee.
- SIMPLE IRA program with 1:1 employer matching up to 3% of annual pay and immediate vesting.
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year, and PTO starting at 20 days per year.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to financial assets and confidential employee and/or client information, any final candidate for hire into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check before a final offer of employment will be made. A complete list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available at https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/FSA/bccu/documents/ListofCrimesPII.pdf Crimes listed as disqualifying an individual from access to HealthPlanFinder will disqualify an individual from hire into this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk and hear. This job is rated for Light work, requiring the ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs. on occasion. Close visual acuity to perform activities such as reading and viewing a computer terminal are required. This position requires occasional travel in the SeaTac/Tukwila area.