ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
Camber Collective is a mission-driven strategy consulting firm dedicated to helping philanthropic, governmental, nonprofit, and mission-driven private sector organizations create a thriving future for people and communities around the world. Applying advanced research methodologies and strategy tools, we help clients understand complex social and systemic challenges, develop strategies to address those challenges, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies. We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve and those impacted by our work – their voices and needs are firmly at the center of the work we do.
Our clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, USAID, the World Bank, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Wellcome Trust, among many others. We work across the social impact sector including in global and domestic health, shared prosperity, climate and environment, and democracy and governance. Our public facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian, the Stanford Social Innovation Review and many others.
Camber is headquartered in Seattle with offices in San Francisco and Paris. Our 30-person team is comprised of leaders from the social and health sectors and management consultants formerly from top firms such as MonitorDeloitte, McKinsey, Bain, and Boston Consulting Group. We actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers.
We are working to ensure a strong firm culture which is equitable and inclusive and enables people to grow and build meaningful careers in the social sector. We have been recognized as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Washington State, where we are headquartered, for 8 years running. Learn more about us at www.cambercollective.com.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
We’re recruiting for a Director of Finance and Operations in our Seattle office. Key responsibilities for the Director of Finance and Operations position include:
- Sets out a vision for Camber’s operations by leading development and implementation of systems, policies, procedures and process improvement
- Participates in Camber’s leadership team and contributes to organizational development and design strategies
- Designs knowledge management systems to improve efficiency and recordkeeping for core business functions
- Provides oversight and approval of financial transactions and manages relationship with contract bookkeeper
- Drafts and manages Camber’s annual budget, and works with leadership team to develop and report key performance indicators
- Reviews grants/contracts, supports budget development and leads reporting and document finalization
- Supports staff professional development, performance management, recruitment, onboarding and staff support, in partnership with Managing Partners, Operations Coordinator and contracted HR vendor
- Manages and provides coaching for Operations Coordinator
- Collaborates with leadership team and Managing Partners to advise and execute special projects on an ongoing and as needed basis
Excellent candidates for this position will have:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in management, administration, operations, financial management, budget or related field in private, non-profit or public sector.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A great sense of judgment and the ability to prioritize tasks and organize responsibilities to effectively address multiple simultaneous projects and manage deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with ease with our team, consultants who advise senior staff at influential foundations, nonprofits healthcare and social impact organizations
- Effective coaching skills and a track record of successfully leading teams
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite experience required)
- Experience with grants administration process, with both public and private funding sources
- Experience with QuickBooks or other financial management and payroll systems
- Demonstrated interest in global and/or domestic social impact sector
- English language fluency
- Experience with cross-office collaboration is a bonus.
If you’re interested in a career with purpose, please indicate the role “Director of Finance and Operations” and send your resume and cover letter to OpsRecruiting@cambercollective.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with initial review beginning March 30th, 2020.