Panorama is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, and the climate crisis.
Our dynamic, growing organization seeks a Director of Strategic Communications to play two important, distinct, roles: overseeing all aspects of the organization’s communications, including implementation of brand and content strategies, channel strategies, media relations, and partner engagement; and leading communications strategies and projects on behalf of our global partners
This position will be a member of Panorama’s leadership team, and the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, a strong collaborator, and a master doer. This position is based in Seattle, Washington.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
On behalf of Panorama
- Develop and implement an overarching communications strategy commensurate with Panorama’s role in the ecosystems it operates in.
- Oversee Panorama’s brand to ensure consistency in messaging, tone, and visuals across all content. This includes developing collateral such as annual reports.
- Manage Panorama’s thought leadership and digital communications channels.
- Own media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with reporters and drafting op-eds, talking points, and press releases.
- Participate in business development activities, including writing proposals.
On behalf of our partners
- Manage strategic communications projects for our high-profile and globally-recognized partners working on social impact issues.
- Design and implement multi-faceted, integrated communications to position issues with among hard-to-reach audiences, including elected officials, media, and business elites.
- Create effective messages and produce high-quality written deliverables, such as issue backgrounders, press materials, messaging toolkits, and social media content, often under tight deadlines.
- Monitor developments in key issue areas and flag opportunities for further engagement.
- Manage communications budgets, ensuring that projects and corresponding staffing are within allotted budgets.
- Build and manage a team of communications staff and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 15 years of professional experience working in strategic communications or public affairs, including at least two to three years leading client or partner projects from start-to-finish
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong aptitude for forging partnership opportunities and nurturing existing ones
- Experience working for or collaborating with a variety of types of organizations, including corporations, foundations, multilateral agencies, and international NGOs
- Experience overseeing production of creative content, including writing creative briefs and managing various types of content including videos, infographics, social media content, etc.
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional ability to manage teams, serve as a leader and collaborate in a multi-faceted organization and sector
- Passion for using strategic communications campaigns and tactics to fight today’s biggest social and global health issues
- Knowledge of pandemic preparedness and global health security issues is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed
Panorama offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter at https://panoramaglobal.org/careers.