Our dynamic, growing team at Panorama Strategy seeks a Director, Policy Communications to lead strategy development and advance projects on behalf of our global clients. In addition, this person will part of a three-person leadership team driving the organization’s growth and will be responsible for managing staff members. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, an experienced advisor, a strong collaborator, and a master doer.
This position reports to the Vice President, Strategy. This position is open to being fully remote on a permanent basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
On behalf of our partners/clients
- Steward and grow client relationships by anticipating and delivering value.
- Lead policy and strategic communications projects for our high-profile and globally-recognized clients working on social impact issues.
- Design, execute, and manage follow-up on calls, workshops, and other engagements with clients.
- Design and implement multi-faceted, integrated policy, communications and issue advocacy strategies and tactics to position issues with various audiences.
- Analyze, synthesize, and report on key policy as well public health and scientific issues and developments in the US and internationally.
- Write, edit, and disseminate strategic policy, advocacy, and communications documents and materials geared for US and international audiences, including policy briefs, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, policy recommendations, messaging toolkits, and fact sheets.
- Facilitate connections across partner activities and workstreams, as well as internal teams and activities, to maximize policy, advocacy and communications impact and optimize resources.
- Identify, lead, and manage relationships with targeted media outlets.
- Lead and participate in business development activities, including prospect research, opportunity cultivation, drafting proposals and engaging with potential clients.
- Assess new opportunities and make recommendations based on strategic alignment and feasibility of the opportunity.
- Oversee a team. Provide leadership and coaching and remove barriers for staff.
- Advise on branding and positioning.
- Contribute to thought leadership in alignment with business goals and positioning.
- Develop and lead team building events.
- Monitor developments in key issue areas and flag opportunities for further engagement