The Event Planner Cambia Grove is responsible for execution of Cambia Grove events which includes planning, implementing, and coordinating logistics and execution of events in all markets. This will encompass both external and internal events.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper – we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Responsible for the logistical coordination of internal and external events, ensuring all stages of planning, development and execution are defined and achieved
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to create event collateral, ensuring accuracy of copy and branding.
- Manages the logistics and budget of high-profile events such as seminars, conferences, hospitality, and event sponsorship.
- Interacts, coordinates and communicates with all levels of management, internal and external customers, in order to ensure effective use of systems and processes, provide event updates, and coordinate event activities.
- Coordinates invitation solicitations, advanced and onsite registration and post-event follow-up of surveys.
- Supports the Cambia Grove reception desk, provides general front office duties and provides a high level of service and support for all guests and employees of the Cambia Grove.
- Works on special projects, including meetings or conferences, activities, events, mailings, presentations, reports — some requiring research and compilation of data.
- Event Planner Cambia Grove would have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field and 3 years minimum of experience in a position that required events coordination and management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Meeting planning, public relations, project management and event marketing experience
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal & external partners
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail and professionalism. Must be able to manage workload independently.
- Strong organizational, logistical and time management skills and great client service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written communication, including the ability to conduct clear, concise and compelling presentations
- Ability to effectively convene internal teams to collaboratively execute assigned projects by drawing on the appropriate organizational resources available
- Understanding of social media in event settings
- Ability to negotiate and resolve project and team issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce, internet search).
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We’re looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.