The Grant Officer contributes to the calling of the organization through supporting the enterprise fundraising goal of providing stable and diversified funding to support the organization’s growth. This position will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation prospects, as well as work closely and strategically with internal stakeholders to advance the organization’s strategic plan and ensure good stewardship of foundation relationships by all solicitors assigned to them.
See below for essential duties and click here to view the full job posting.
- Identify prospective private and corporate foundations, develop an outreach strategy and timelines for each prospect and serve as a resource for sharing current foundation donor-centric best practices.
- Coordinate with assigned solicitors of foundation constituents to ensure good relationship management.
- Manage a personal portfolio of donor relationships, including cultivation and proposal development for prospects, as well as stewardship of current donors.
- Directly cultivate, solicit and steward select foundations with internal stakeholders, while building and maintaining an individual portfolio of assigned private foundations to support the team’s annual fundraising goal.
- Implement and maintain appropriate follow-up reporting and stewardship activities.
- Develop letters of intent and grant proposals to obtain funding from grant making organizations; primarily private and corporate foundations.
- Collaborate with grant colleagues to manage the grant queue to ensure good workload balance and best use of skills across the team.
- Collaborate with philanthropy colleagues to ensure proper handling of proposals, grants, and reports.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, manage proposal submissions, and ensure both activities and documents are captured in Dynamics 365 while maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
- Work with finance and compliance colleagues to secure appropriate approvals on proposal and report budgets.
- Monitor Daily Gift Report to ensure appropriate funding project/constituent designation.
- Establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the foundation sector, as well as other key communities that will result in funding for the short and long-term goals of the organization.
- Update and maintain the grants library of common proposals and legal documents.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Medical Teams’ international and U.S. based programs and participate in program meetings related to your grant focus area.
- Edit external narrative and financial reports as requested or needed.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.