Job Description: Pilgrim Africa is seeking a highly motivated, mid-level professional with experience in Grants & Project Management and interest in global health. The Grants/Project Manager will be responsible for managing malaria/COVID-19 programs/projects in Uganda for Pilgrim Africa. She/he will help manage the team’s internally driven projects and collaborate with Pilgrim’s funders, grantors, and partners to build consistent, data-driven project tracking and reporting. This role will have an impact on program implementation, fundraising, and overall company sustainability, and will provide structure and process to drive efficiencies in the way in which the malaria team executes and tracks work. Experience with dashboards and project management software preferred.
The Grants/Project Manager will work closely with Pilgrim’s Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director in managing, tracking and reporting key project deliverables with staff in-country, and in writing grant reports. Working with data will be an essential part of the reporting process. Experience with data cleaning, ensuring data quality, and analysis of quantitative survey data is required. Pilgrim Africa is growing and actively seeking new grants and expanding its grants portfolio; the Grants/Project Manager may be required to spend a limited amount of time assisting with proposals. Current grants include a complex community research trial and a developing project in health worker training for COVID-19.
- Manage the grantor pipeline, own and cultivate relationships with grantors
- Understand reporting requirements for each grantor; o Help organize project management to serve both scientific goals and grantor requirements
- Help create timely and accurate grant reports as needed for each project.
- Understand technical project deliverables and timelines and, working with the project leads, translate them into project management software, which is then continuously updated
- Provide communication and structural support for study teams and study partners by managing email communications, meetings, and circulating meeting minutes with action items
- Organize logistics, invitations and agendas for scientific conferences related to projects as needed (PAC, ASTMH, AMCA, etc.)
- Work with the CEO in preparing progress reports, interim data summaries, and other grant documents for The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, American Institutes of Research, DFID, and other funders
- Assist in creating annual project reports for IRBs.
About Pilgrim Africa: Pilgrim Africa is a Christian nonprofit with offices in Uganda and Seattle, WA. Founded in 2001 as an indigenous response to the plight of more than 1.5 million refugees living in internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in the war-torn regions of Northern Uganda, Pilgrim Africa has grown to be an international organization with regional and national interventions in Public Health, Education and Conservation. Education efforts include a vibrant, innovative Secondary School in Soroti, Uganda, and Public Health efforts have centered on malaria control, operational research, and advocacy. Public Health efforts include multiyear partnerships with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID/CDC, and UKAID’s Department for International Development.