Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, Cameroon, and India and affiliates in London and Tokyo.
This position is located in Seattle, WA.
The Graphic Designer will play an integral branding and design role in delivering high-caliber content for MNM’s external audiences and will serve as the internal design resource for the organization. As a member of the strategic communications team, the Graphic Designer will work to help MNM elevate its brand and visual identity to engage its high-level audiences, including US and global decision makers, partners in the malaria and global health communities, as well as key corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategic Communications, but working with teams across the organization, external vendors, and at times, directly with the CEO, the Graphic Designer will work with a high degree of autonomy and will be responsible for their own asset and time management. Given MNM’s high standard for design and its numerous stakeholders, we are looking for somebody who is driven by creativity but also able to take direction and incorporate feedback.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, great attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a high level of professional design, project management, and robust communication skills. This position combines the stability and continuity of a part-time job and the flexibility to take on other creative engagements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as thought partner to MNM teams across office locations for campaign and collateral development, making recommendations on how to create content that meets brand guidelines and serves specific target audiences
- Design print collateral and templates, including one-pagers, postcards, donor proposals, presentations, direct mail materials, save the dates, invitations and programs
- Design digital collateral, templates, and graphics including homepage promotional designs, infographics, web banners, email newsletters, save the dates and invitations.
- Assist with brand design needs, including creating and updating existing print templates and style guide as needed and ensuring a consistent look and feel across MNM materials
Assist with artwork and graphic needs for video edits
- Support relevant vendor selection (such as photographers, illustrators, paper suppliers, or printers) and assist with project management of budget, timelines and any post-production needs for print collateral (e.g. build elements to spec, mechanical build and overview, color correction/retouching, approve proofs, etc.)
- Consult on vendor produced materials/suggested designs; evaluate work based on MNM brand/style guidelines and offer recommendations for improvement
- Work against set design project timelines and provide timely updates regarding deliverables
- Manage and maintain organized design files and provide support for MNM staff when specific files needs arise
Desired Skills and Credentials
- 3-5+ years of graphic design and visual communications experience
- Keen understanding of photography, typography, imagery, and design
- Energetic, creative and resourceful thinker with ability to translate concepts, data and information into compelling images and designs
- Ability and willingness to proactively solicit and incorporate feedback to modify designs to best serve organizational needs
- Expert skills in in Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign (WordPress, animation, video editing, and social media video production are a plus)
- Experience in brand management and maintaining brand standards
- Experience effectively managing design and print agencies and contractors
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with ability to work across MNM teams and with senior leadership
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timeframes, manage multiple projects at once, adapt to changes in project resources and timelines and shift gears to strategically take advantage of new opportunities
- Passion for social impact and enthusiasm for MNM’s mission to end malaria (experience with non-profits and/or global health a plus)
- Sense of humor
This position is part-time at 20 hours per week, with a salary range of $30,000 to $37,000 (commensurate with experience). MNM offers a 401K plan through Vanguard with a non-elective 3 percent safe harbor contribution and a generous pro-rated paid time off policy.
To Apply Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Designer – Full Name”
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
3. 3-4 diverse samples from your design portfolio
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
MNM is an equal opportunity employer.