VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 40 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
The HR Coordinator is a new position to support and sustain VillageReach’s global growth. This person will be an integral part of our small but mighty People team as we build and strengthen our systems, policies and organizational norms. The ideal candidate loves HR, knows and understands US requirements and is curious and resourceful. This role will be working with both US and globally based staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Be a strong partner with the overall HR/People team ensuring seamless handoffs and smooth communication and working to constantly improve and refine our processes.
- Build credibility and trust among employees at all levels through maintaining excellent boundaries and a relational/human focus.
- Take lead accountability on the upkeep of HR Systems administration including the global Human Resources Information System (HRIS), benefit portal and personnel records including running reports and analytics as needed.
- Liaise with Finance Team for a smooth transition of HR changes into payroll.
- Work with other members of the People team to administer and enhance hiring, onboarding and exit processes.
- Assist managers and the broader People team in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development, and drive the appropriate solutions for these activities.
- Assist with annual open enrollment and year round benefits administration.
- Support and administer training and professional development initiatives.
- Contribute to the HR Community of Practice and other organizational initiatives as appropriate.
- Act as an employee advocate and culture ambassador.
- Tackle projects as assigned.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR role, preferably in an international development or other global context
- SHRM-CP or PHR credential strongly preferred
- Passion for HR and for creating and supporting an excellent employee experience.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve.
- Proficiency in either French or Portuguese preferred.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This positon requires that prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
During COVID-19, all employees are currently working remotely with some workspace available on a scheduled basis. We anticipate returning to in-office operations at some point.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until November 6th. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.