Panorama Global is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact.
At Panorama Global, our partners are at the center of our work and we tailor our approach to meet their unique needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, and the climate crises.
Our dynamic, growing organization seeks a HR Generalist to join our team in order to support a broad spectrum of human resources functions including full-cycle recruitment, organizational programs and policies, performance management, benefits, onboarding/offboarding, employee engagement, training and development, and compliance.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will have a strong track record in recruiting and implementing HR programs in support of organizational goals and providing high-level support of a confidential and complex nature across a variety of projects.
This position is based in Seattle, Washington.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage ongoing recruitment processes, including reviewing and posting job descriptions, screening resumes, conducting interviews, serving as primary point of contact with applicants, maintaining applicant tracking system, and collaborating closely with hiring managers/teams
- Develop and implement HR programs, policies, and initiatives in alignment with Panorama’s mission and values, with special attention focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Oversee benefit administration to include enrollment, employee changes, and billing, and manage employee benefit questions
- Coordinate onboarding for new hires and offboarding for departing employees
- Expand employee recognition and engagement programs
- Support performance management process and other training and professional development needs and opportunities, including training opportunities for Panorama people managers
- Provide support to ensure compliance with local, multi-state, and federal employment laws and regulations and best practices; review organizational policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Research trends and best practices in human resources, talent management, and recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred; advanced degree in human resources, business administration or a similar field a plus
- PHR/HR certification a plus
- At least 5 years’ professional work experience, including 3+ years of relevant experience in HR and/or recruitment. Experience working for philanthropic, non-profit and/or social impact organization a plus
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Prior experience as an administrator/back-end user of smaller HRIS systems (i.e., Zenefits, Gusto, BambooHR, etc)
- Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, personalities, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy
- Strong judgment and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information and documents with discretion and maturity
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and Panorama’s values
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed
- Final offer will be contingent on successful background check
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000 depending on experience.
Panorama Global offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Applications received by 5:00pm PT on July 24, 2020 will receive priority review.
In observance of Washington State’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” proclamation, Panorama is currently observing a remote work policy. As the status of the COVID-19 pandemic develops, we will be evaluating when and to what extent we can return to work in our physical office space in Belltown but will follow all applicable public health guidance while prioritizing personal health, comfort, and safety. It is anticipated that the person filling the HR Generalist role will begin while Panorama is still maintaining a remote work policy but will eventually be co-located in Panorama’s offices when it is safe to do so.
Established in 2017, Panorama is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We work closely with partners to identify their needs and co-develop practical and results-oriented strategies. Approaching our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, we initiate our own projects when we are uniquely positioned to fill a gap. We are a growing organization that is committed to creating a culture of fun, inclusivity, and openness, always celebrating individual and project milestones.
Panorama’s values are reflected in our lives, work, name, and logo.
- We take a Global Perspective, and embrace diverse thinking and experiences.
- Our Vision requires that we see the big picture and examine all angles.
- Personal and professional Integrity positions us to wholly commit and steadfastly hold to our purpose.
- Believers in Servant Leadership, Panorama is a mission-driven organization working for the greater good.
- We strive for Impact, and our team acts boldly and creates a ripple effect.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.