The International Rescue Committee’s Immigration Caseworker provides immigration services and conducts outreach to refugees, asylees, and immigrants in the community. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours/week that may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. This is a non-exempt position. This position reports directly to the Resettlement Program Manager and Immigration Specialist in Seattle.
- Conduct outreach to local refugee, asylee and other immigrant communities about the availability of low-cost immigration legal services,
- Open and sort mail, take appropriate action on notices from USCIS, and file management,
- Screen and assist eligible individuals to file applications and petitions for immigration benefits such as adjustment of status, family reunification, naturalization, and other immigration benefits
- Maintain accurate immigration records and review all files periodically for quality control and to ensure timely application submissions and follow up on all communications regarding filed applications and petitions. Prepare all files for continued follow-up,
- Adhere to the IRC’s financial accounting and record-keeping policies,
- Maintain accurate project tracking records and submit all required reports on time,
- Attend program-related meetings with USCIS, CBOs, Collaborations and report back to Immigration Manager,
- Attend all IRC immigration and other trainings and webinars (CLINIC, etc…) in preparation for BIA accreditation,
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree preferred with a minimum of 1-2 years relevant work experience in immigration of human services field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment and with limited-English speakers.
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a team member, to take initiative and follow instructions.
- Well-organized with the proven ability to prioritize duties and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to manage databases a plus.
- Proficiency in more than one language desired.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, own car and auto insurance.
Standard office work environment.