The Intern will support the Office of the CEO and be exposed to various workstreams within the organization. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Research and write background briefs in preparation for CEO’s business development meetings
- Monitor news outlets for relevant stories covering global health and development, vaccines, mental health, COVID-19, and philanthropy
- Support curating weekly news clips for CEO
- Conduct ad-hoc research for specific initiatives and efforts
- Participate and join webinars and virtual events as appropriate on a variety of issues related to Panorama’s work
- Support in creating and/or copyediting a variety of internal and external communications materials, including proposals, PowerPoint presentations, emails, one-pagers, newsletters, and research briefs
- Update content on Panorama’s website using Contentful
Operational & Programmatic Support
- Update and maintain CEO contacts and key meetings in CRM database (Salesforce)
- Track CEO connections on LinkedIn
- Track Panorama’s company-wide accomplishments
- Assist with planning and executing internal Panorama team events
- Contribute to innovations in operational processes at Panorama
- Provide ad hoc additional support to Panorama’s programmatic teams
This position reports to the Chief of Staff but will work closely with the Executive Assistant as well.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Rewarding experience that further develops skillsets and gains knowledge in new areas that will be applicable to future interests and career ambitions.
- Meets manager’s requests for administrative support, while also engaging in higher level work indicative of skills, experience, and ability to contribute to organization overall.
- As becomes more familiar with projects, increased comfort in taking initiative and working independently.
- Gains an understanding of the day-to-day operations of the Office of the CEO skills needed to support a high-level executive.
- Develops research & writing skills, and learns tools such as Salesforce, Mailchimp and Contentful.
- Gains an understanding of the business development function at a small, growing organization
- Gains administrative and operational experience within non-profit and for-profit organizational models
Position Requirements & Desired Qualifications
Part-time internships (10-15 hours/week) are designed for undergraduate students in their freshman or sophomore year of college, or for individuals 18+ with at least 1 year of professional experience.
Internships will start in early January and conclude in late May, with some flexibility and consideration given to your schedule and school system’s calendar. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Washington’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” proclamation, all Spring 2021 internships will be remote.
- Demonstrated passion for international social impact issues, and interest in non-profit administration.
- Interest in learning about and collaborating with a variety of types of organizations, including corporations, foundations, multi-laterals agencies, and international NGOs.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrable interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaborative environment.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and balance needs of multiple projects, while maintaining close attention to detail.
Compensation: Panorama offers paid internships with compensation starting at $15.75/hour, based on the City of Seattle minimum wage requirements.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter here. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm PT on Monday, November 30, 2020, although applications received by Monday, November 23, 2020 will receive priority review.
Top candidates will receive an invitation to interview and offers will be extended in early December.