About The Ascend Fund: The Ascend Fund is a collaborative fund dedicated to accelerating the pace of change toward gender parity in U.S. politics. The fund pools philanthropic capital and make mission-driven investments in nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations that break down barriers preventing women from running for office and winning. Learn more about The Ascend Fund here.
The Intern will be exposed to various workstreams within the organization, including but not limited to:
- Assemble daily media clips for distribution to partners.
- Develop content for the editorial calendar, including daily social media, monthly column, and quarterly newsletter.
- Identify external communication opportunities to raise awareness of fund, issue, and partners.
- Support grant work stream including RFP process, review and analysis of grant proposals, and funding approval process utilizing Blackbaud grantmaking software.
- Explore new opportunities for innovative investment to advance mission of TAF.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation process, including tracking and documenting partners’ activities.
- Assist staff and consultants in execution of TAF fundraising plan, including donor communications and special events.
- Conduct background research on potential donors and assess interest alignment with TAF.
- Update CRM database (Salesforce).
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Director of the Ascend Fund in advancing fund’s goals.
- Identify and track relevant stakeholders and organizations working in the sphere at state and national levels (landscape assessment).
- Monitor, analyze, and report on developments related to women and politics in the United States.
This position reports to the Director of the Ascend Fund but will work closely with the Senior Project Manager as well.
Position Requirements & Qualifications: Full-time internships are designed for undergraduate students in their junior or senior year of college, or for individuals 18+ with at least three years of professional experience, who are interested in learning more about the field.
Internships will start in early January and conclude in late May, with some flexibility and consideration given to your schedule and school system’s calendar. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Washington’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” proclamation, all Spring 2021 internships will be remote.
- Demonstrated passion for electing women of all ethnicities, from diverse backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses, on both sides of the aisle, at all levels of offices, across the country.
- Possess a basic knowledge of the political/electoral landscape in the U.S., and expressed interest in learning more about the unique barriers women face when running for office.
- Evidence of leadership or leadership potential, including political or community involvement, commitment to public service, and ability to think critically and challenge self and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrable interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaborative environment.
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and balance needs of multiple projects, while maintaining close attention to detail.
Compensation: Panorama offers paid internships with compensation starting at $15.75/hour.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and one relevant writing sample of their choice.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm PT on Monday, November 30, 2020, although applications received by Monday, November 23, 2020 will receive priority review.
Top candidates will receive an invitation to interview and offers will be extended in early December