Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all?
We have multiple opportunities for Research Business Managers to join Seattle Children’s Research Institute! For more than a decade, we at Seattle Children’s Research Institute have been asking ourselves, “what if?” Thanks to remarkable discoveries from dedicated researchers, hundreds of “what ifs” have become realities. At the forefront of pediatric medical research, Seattle Children’s Research Institute is working to cure childhood disease together with Seattle Children’s Hospital and Foundation. The Institute consists of seven major centers and is internationally recognized for its work in cancer, genetics, immunology, pathology, infectious disease, injury prevention, bioethics, and more. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the administration of sponsored research activities for the assigned Research Center (department). Oversee financial and research compliance responsibilities by monitoring and maintaining research compliance through pre-award budgeting, application development and preparation, post-award budget forecasting, monthly review of budget status, existing and forecasted expenses, and capital budgets.
- As the primary administrator for the Center, work with the Center Director, Center leadership and faculty, overseeing Center administration including, but not limited to, space allocation, capital equipment purchasing, personnel management, and core services in addition to sponsored research administration/management.
- Provide business expertise to PIs and their research teams, advocating to identify and eliminate roadblocks and ensuring that research activities are appropriately resourced.
- Supervise grants/fiscal management and administrative Center staff.
- Regularly collect, analyze, and report Center performance metrics. Utilize lean methodologies to create change and act as a catalyst for improvement in processes, cross-functional team effectiveness, and advancement of the Research Institute system to achieve defined improvement goals and objectives.
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights:
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family’s beliefs, values, and heritage
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years related experience including administrative/management experience, and at least 3 years’ experience within the grants and contracts arena including pre- and post-award activities in all of the following: National Institute of Health and other federal grants, private foundation grants, and industry contracts.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience.
- Certified Research Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing a recharge/core in compliance with federal policies.
- At least 2 years’ experience in leading continuous improvement projects.
- Area of Interest: Management/Administration;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods);
- Work Status: Regular;
- Department: CBM/APA-JMB Research Centers;
- Shift: Day Shift;
- Job ID: 32496;