The Max Foundation’s (themaxfoundation.org) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to targeted cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries where no other means of access exist. We create those channels by working with pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and patient associations. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our own access programs, rather than given as grants to other charitable organizations.
We are currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs so we can reach more patients and, in doing so, meet today’s global health needs and those of the future as well. We have a fast-paced organizational culture and aim for large-scale impact. At our current capacity, each year we deliver more than 4,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients around the world.
We are looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles: you model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work; show dedication through your passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope; spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents; and value collaboration, working well with others at all levels and knowing the end result is better for it.
The Supply Chain & Logistics Manager will report to the Senior Supply Chain Manager and work in our programs team on our Max Access Solutions, which is our organizational model for bringing humanitarian donations to cancer patients in low- and middle-income countries. The Supply Chain & Logistics Manager will be responsible for all product order placement, distribution, and inventory management activities and serve as a primary point of contact for global team-members in supporting distribution and resolving logistics issues.
- Manage monthly order placement for customers and suppliers
- Manage monthly long-range forecasting for product supply
- Serve as direct supervisor of Logistics Coordinators across our global network
- Maintain accurate supply chain information in PATS database, including documenting all stock levels, status of orders, institution certification documents, etc.
- Liaise with Accounting on reporting of goods received, shipped, and in inventory
- Manage, maintain, and report on global inventory levels at all warehouse locations and where appropriate, with customers
- Work with third-party logistics services provider to monitor, track, and report on all shipments
- Implement drug distribution plan for all importation requirements into each delivery location and coordinate with all internal and external parties in obtaining relevant documentation
- Support business process improvement initiatives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience working and or consulting in the global health or supply chain management field
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with Excel for forecasting and reporting purposes
- Excellent project management skills and ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with a solid track-record of following through on commitments
- Experience working in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team
- Knowledge of EU Good Distribution Practices desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Skills and Attributes:
- High attention to detail and a high standard for quality work products
- Passion for superior customer service and flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Comfort working in a periodic high-paced and high-workload environment
- Ability to manage a full email inbox and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Mission driven, enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting
We offer compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include résumé and cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.