About Food Innovation Network
A program of Global to Local, the Food Innovation Network (FIN) enhances the local food system, increases access to healthy foods, and supports local food businesses in the diverse communities of South King County. FIN’s Incubator provides businesses resources and assistance including access to Spice Bridge a food hall with a shared use commercial kitchen. Our goal is to support entrepreneurs, primarily women, immigrants and people from communities of color, in launching financially stable businesses by providing: (1) affordable access to a commercial kitchen; (2) food industry technical assistance designed to improve their business operations, marketing and ability to scale and (3) access to new market opportunities.
About the Job
The Market Relations Manager is responsible for cultivating partnerships and development of market and sales channels for Incubator businesses. This position manages the development and coordination of off-site sales (outside of Spice Bridge) such as farmers markets, pop-ups, and new satellite vending locations under development and anticipated to open in 2022. The position works closely with the Program Director and Incubator Program Manager to ensure training and support are provided on business growth and assists the FIN team with fundraising, special events and communication/marketing efforts. This position will work closely with Incubator participants in supporting their business growth and overseeing their operations at off-site sales locations.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, develop and foster market and sales channel connections (food service, packaged foods, etc.) for incubator participants in order to scale and graduate from the program and Spice Bridge space.
- Cultivate partnerships and facilitate Spice Bridge ‘satellite’ retail markets or kiosk locations for incubator participants to operate and sell.
- Cultivate relationships with venue and market managers, buyers, and other food industry partners to support the incubator program and participants.
- Manage off-site locations (potential satellite locations, Spice Bridge booth at farmers markets, special events and pop-ups) including vendor schedule, business compliance with state and local laws, site set-up, and other site requirements.
- Identify and develop training and support incubator participants in seeking and negotiating their future location/facility and identifying capital needs and resources.
- Track and report program activities and outcomes including individual business level.
- Work with team on fundraising, communications/marketing and community event efforts
Who We’re Looking For
G2L is dedicated to an equitable hiring process and recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. As such, we encourage qualified applicants to apply regardless of informal or formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food industry or food systems work, including experience working with food businesses, sales and distribution/sourcing.
- Knowledge of best practices related to business planning and development for food businesses. Knowledge of permitting, licensing, and compliance requirements for King County.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people of all different backgrounds and professional levels.
- Medium level proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $56,000 – $66,000 annually. Global to Local offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical & Dental insurance with 100% of premium for employees paid by company
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program provided at no cost to the employee
- IRA retirement savings program with $1:$1 company match up to 3% of annual pay with immediate vesting
- 11 paid holidays and 2 paid personal days per year. PTO (combined sick and vacation leave) starting at 20 days per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk and hear. This job is rated for Medium work, requiring the ability to lift or move up to 25 lbs. on occasion. Close visual acuity to perform activities such as reading and viewing a computer terminal are required. This position requires frequent travel within South King County.