Part-time – 30 to 40 hours per month
Malaria Partners International’s Marketing Coordinator is responsible for contributing to marketing strategies and messaging, executing and monitoring these plans, supporting board and team members’ advocacy work, designing collateral material and serving as a productive and valued member of the MPI team. This person will have experience with social media marketing trends, website design and content management, graphic design, online marketing, and direct response marketing.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director and supports the overall strategic and operational goals of the organization.
Scope of Work
Support ongoing marketing and graphic design needs of the organization including but not limited to:
• Actively participating in weekly strategy, planning and implementation meeting
• Brainstorming and collaborating with colleagues and board members on marketing strategies and plans
• Designing marketing materials to support conferences and events (pins, banners, booth displays, collateral material, etc., coordinating printing of these items)
• Designing materials to support board meetings, club presentations and conferences (PowerPoint slides, handouts, etc., coordinating with presenters to support unique content needs)
• Designing website content and regularly updating the MPI website; working with vendor to ensure adequate website maintenance
• Writing, editing and creating newsletter articles, direct mail pieces, fundraising appeals, press releases, etc.
• Supporting MPI’s African Affiliates in their marketing, advocacy and public relations efforts
• Partnering with board and team members to produce the annual report using InDesign
• Tracking market analytics and assessing marketing efforts on a quarterly basis; recommending course corrections as appropriate
• Strategic thinker with excellent time management skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, WordPress, InDesign; Adobe; PhotoShop; working knowledge of Salesforce and SharePoint
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience with social media planning and execution
• Knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
• Bachelor’s degree (or working toward a degree) in marketing or graphic design
• Experience in and knowledge of nonprofit marketing
• Knowledge of data analysis
• Experience as marketing consultant, intern or similar role
• Knowledge and/or experience with Rotary or similar entities
We are seeking a team player who assumes the best of everyone; has a positive attitude and the ability to laugh at themselves; is willing to lend a hand, even if what is asked is not specified in their job description; is happy working hard; and wants to be part of a high functioning and productive team.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio sample to email@example.com by January 15, 2022.