Malaria Partners International’s Marketing Manager is responsible for working with board and team members to create marketing strategies and messaging, executing and monitoring these strategies, contributing to strategic planning, supporting board and team members’ advocacy work, designing a wide range of collateral material and serving as a productive and valued member of the MPI team. This person will have experience with social media marketing trends, online marketing, and direct response marketing.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Deputy Director and supports the overall strategic and operational goals of the organization.
Support ongoing marketing and graphic design needs of the organization including but not limited to:
- Drafting annual marketing plan and budget and working with the marketing task force to
- Actively participating in twice-weekly planning and implementation meetings
- Developing and supporting social media campaigns
- Designing marketing materials to support conferences and events (pins, pens, and handouts, as well as display items for booths, etc.), coordinating printing
- Designing marketing materials to support club presentations (PowerPoint slides, handouts, etc.), coordinating with presenters for content
- Designing website content and regularly updating the MPI website; working with
vendor to ensure website maintenance
- Writing, editing and creating newsletter articles, direct mail pieces, fundraising
appeals, press releases, etc.
- Coordinating with external creative (video production, artists, etc.) and tech consultants
(website maintenance, Salesforce, etc.) as needed
- Supporting MPI’s African affiliate organizations in their marketing, advocacy and public
- Working with partners (such as Rotary International, World Vision, the Gates Foundation and others) to build and execute joint marketing plans
- Tracking market analytics and assessing marketing efforts on a quarterly basis;
recommending course corrections as appropriate
Support the operational needs of the organization by
- Providing technical support to board and team members related to email, salesforce, and Microsoft Office 365, etc.
- Assisting in maintenance/organization of SharePoint and Salesforce database
- Partnering with board and team members to produce the annual report (Indesign)
• Able to effectively and creatively write marketing plans and associate budgets, press
releases, website content, fundraising appeals, etc.
• Ability to think strategically and analytically
• Strong proficiency in MS Office; working knowledge of IT and Salesforce, WordPress, and
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience with social media planning and execution
• Strong knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
• Bachelor’s degree (or working toward a degree) in Marketing, Non-profit Management or
• Experience and knowledge of nonprofit marketing
• Knowledge of data analysis and market research
• Experience as marketing consultant, intern or similar role
• Knowledge and/or experience with Rotary or similar entities
We are seeking a team player who assumes the best of everyone, has a positive attitude and the ability to laugh at themselves; is willing to lend a hand, even if what is asked is not specified in their job description; is happy working hard; and wants to be part of a high functioning and productive team.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 30th, 2021