Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 plus benefits package.
Tigard OR or Seattle WA
Join our marketing team! We’re looking for someone who can translate our creativity and heart into HTML. As the primary steward of our website, you play a key role in communicating our mission and connecting donors to the people we serve. On top of that, you get to work with a stellar (and fun!) team, supportive leadership, and an organization that’s making a difference in people’s lives every day
This position contributes to the calling of the organization by leading the execution of website marketing through web development and design, to achieve revenue, acquisition, and brand awareness goals. The incumbent collaborates with the Information Systems (IS) department to understand business and client needs.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world
PLAN & COLLABORATE
- Actively contribute to meeting the objectives of the larger digital marketing team by implementing and collaborating on new and current growth strategies for mass acquisition and digital marketing channels.
- Collect and analyze data to inform marketing and organizational strategies.
- Develop business cases for improvements and new solutions.
- Serve as a link to third-party web vendors.
- Collaborate with IS department to maintain the integrity of and improve upon the organizations digital marketing ecosystem.
DESIGN & DEVELOP
- Execute the marketing departments strategic plan for web development.
- Enhance and maintain the organizations online properties (e.g., medicalteams.org) using the WordPress CMS.
- Assess internal client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying web priorities and solutions (i.e., advise on web marketing strategy for other departments; partner with stakeholders to update, improve, and create their respective pages and/or sections on the website).
- Update web content and code as well as create new content and pages through WordPress when directed; deploy updates through WebOps platform, Pantheon.
- Keep all changes of code in an approved DevOps experience such as GIT (preferred).
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) technical components; optimize website for speed, responsive design, functionality, and accessibility.
- Design for optimal user experience (UX) by cultivating an understanding of our target audience.
- Optimize CMS for efficiency of use, manage user permissions, and train web content contributors.
- Implement lead generation and conversion rate optimization strategies to support mass acquisition.
- Fix bugs, address vulnerabilities, and troubleshoot known issues to ensure development environments are secure.
- Audit front- and back-end content/systems to identify waste and performance enhancement opportunities.
- Develop, write, and communicate web requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of web solutions (i.e., document processes).
- Stay current on latest technologies, trends, and relevant tools for non-profit web development.
- Monitor the web information inbox.
- Provide web content updates during disaster responses.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in computer science, communications, web design, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting on a year-for-year basis.
- 2 years previous experience in web development and/or web design.
- 2 years DevOps experience which includes code repository exposure.
- 1 year previous experience in WordPress environments.
- 5 years previous experience in web development, emphasis in WordPress CMS.
- Previous experience working with Pantheon WebOps or equivalent multi-dev platform.
- Previous experience working with an international non-profit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intermediate understanding of UX and SEO tools and strategies.
- Intermediate understanding of web performance metrics (familiarity with Google Analytics preferred).
- General understanding of Web Services (SOAP and RESTful); API experience preferred.
- General understanding of marketing performance metrics.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Advanced skills with WordPress CMS.
- Advanced web development/design skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Basic data analysis skills.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of donor records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and cooperatively.
- Ability to independently prioritize, plan, organize, and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to work in an open office environment; communicate in person.
- Ability to respond quickly to time-sensitive issues that may occur outside normal working hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.