- Are you an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation professional who is passionate about making a difference for women and children, and remote communities?
- Do you have experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis?
- Would you like to be part of a global non-profit and leading ‘business for purpose’?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Development is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to lead the monitoring, evaluation and learning stream of work. The M&E Manager, supported by the Senior Programmes Manager and the Uganda and Nepal Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, will oversee all of Adara’s M&E activities, ensuring data can drive decision-making for programmes through the timely collection and analysis of data from our programmes.
ABOUT THE ADARA GROUP
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full-time permanent position in a flexible working environment
- Reporting to the Senior Programmes Manager
- Managing the Uganda and Nepal Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (RMEOs)
- Salary packaging available
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Programmes Manager to develop Adara’s M&E strategy
- Managing the Uganda and Nepal RMEOs, and volunteers, interns and field staff as necessary. This will also include building M&E capacity in staff and partners
- Developing and maintaining relevant M&E and quality improvement plans and systems, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement and best practice
- Ensuring data collection from project sites is timely, relevant and appropriate for both internal and external reporting
- Managing expenditure of the M&E budget
- Supporting the creation of proposals and grant applications where required
- Leading the design, execution and analysis of qualitative and quantitative research studies, including developing data collection tools where needed
- Drafting academic papers for peer-reviewed journals
- Visiting Adara’s project sites in Uganda and Nepal to support the implementation of M&E plans
- Providing M&E support to the Partnerships, Programmes, and Knowledge Sharing teams as required
- Liaising with universities for research-related partnerships, and keeping informed with M&E best practice
To excel in this position, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, preferably statistics, social sciences, public health, economics or international development
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development or humanitarian contexts
- Significant experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and using data collection software, as well as creating systems and databases
- Proven experience in M&E frameworks and knowledge of Ethics/ IRB/ Human Subjects Review procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to think critically
- Experience managing and developing a team, with the ability to communicate with ease cross-culturally
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with both internal and external stakeholders
- A confident, proactive, flexible, and adaptable approach
- Capacity to travel internationally, for blocks of up to six weeks at a time
- A commitment to social justice and international development
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office for a minimum of 2 to 3 days a week. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. Additionally, all candidates will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Development Monitoring and Evaluation Manager’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call us on 02 9395 2800
Applications close on 13 December 2021. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.