RTI International is hiring a research associate to join the Center for Global NCDs this Spring. An ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, global experience, and a great team spirit.
See below for desired experience and qualifications, and the full job description here.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ related experience or master’s degree and 3 years’ related experience, with preference for degrees in public health, economics, or a public-policy related field with a good understanding of basic health economics concepts and issues.
- Two or more years of experience in international development or global health-related research, preferably including technical consulting. Experience living in a low-resource setting preferred.
- Location: +/- 3 hours from the Pacific Standard Time zone
- Working knowledge of methods of economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness or cost-benefit analyses.
- Strong analytical capabilities (e.g. data cleaning, statistical knowledge) and facility with statistical software, such as Stata, R, and/or equivalent. Additional advanced expertise using Excel a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize among work demands, and deliver impeccable quality products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including facility with presentation tools such as PowerPoint. Compelling storytelling experience using data visualizations a bonus.
- Excellent soft skills, including include strong interpersonal and communication skills, a problem-solving attitude, creative thinking, and being a self-starter who works both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Individual initiative and ability to work in a small team environment, accepting flexibility in work assignments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel internationally.