Reports to: Odisha State Lead
Malaria No More is seeking an Odisha Programme and Communication Specialist to provide programmatic guidance and communications expertise to support MNM’s MOU with the state government to achieve malaria elimination across the entire state.
Based in Bhubaneswar, the Programme and Communication Specialist will work collaboratively with MNM’s India Programme Specialist based in New Delhi.
This position will be based in: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advance Malaria No More’s behaviour change communication objectives to change community risk perception for malaria and ensure community participation through a partnership with state NVBDCP and key technical bodies at the state level
• Monitor the implementation of Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices survey (KAP) in high malaria endemic districts of Odisha, coordinating with agency commissioned for KAP survey
• Contribute to developing survey report and presentation from KAP survey findings
• Provide strategic support to state malaria programme through development of communication strategy based on research evidence from KAP survey
• Support the state malaria programme in reviewing malaria communication and budget allocations and assess training need for malaria communication
• Develop evidence based behaviour change communication tools for malaria programme in the state and enhance behaviour change communication capacity of state malaria programme through earmarked trainings
• Provide expertise in malaria project management, accounting and programming
• Draft quarterly and annual reports outlining activities undertaken and progress made towards objectives
• Conduct field visits for behaviour change intervention and monitoring of malaria response at the community level as and when needed
• Master’s degree in mass communication, journalism, social or behavioural sciences, or health is required
• 10+ years of experience in providing programmatic and communication expertise on health programs and/or policy
• Previous experience with malaria, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Finance highly preferred
• Experience building coalitions and bringing together stakeholders across sectors
• Experience conducting field visits and collecting data for communications and programme strategies
• Ability to research and draft reports, fact sheets, and briefing papers and manage the printing and distribution of these materials
• Strong track record in developing and implementing behavioral change communication strategy
• Experience in guiding and providing IEC/BCC technical assistance to government-led Social Behavioral Change Communications projects
• Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• oral and written communications skills in English required. Knowledge of Odiya will be an advantage
MNM offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
To apply click here.
MNM is an equal opportunity employer.