Gates Ventures is the private office of Mr. Bill Gates. Our mission is to catalyze innovations that solve global problems and improve the lives of the world’s poorest people. We do this by incubating products, advocating for important causes, engaging with global organizations, and managing venture investments.
Among these new ventures is a program called Exemplars in Global Health (EGH), which aims to learn from countries that have successfully tackled global health challenges and uses this evidence to improve funding and policymaking decisions. We aim to adapt successful global health solutions to new contexts by conducting research and analysis to improve funding and policy decisions, both internally and externally. After three years of incubation, the program is slated for expansion and scale-up. Our goals are to produce high quality research and to use that research to drive improvements in how policymakers and funders deal with the most pressing global health challenges.
The Partnerships Generalist will work with EGH’s Partnerships Lead, the research & content development team, and external partners to build an effective strategy for driving awareness, uptake, and impact of EGH content. The ideal candidate will be able to drive an ambitious agenda to develop a new model for countries and funders to learn from what works to build evidence-driven policy and investments.
You are the ideal candidate if you are:
• A strong problem solver: You can break down problems using structure and logic and find a smart solution that fits with the bigger picture.
• An efficient and diligent researcher: You can scour published resources and quickly gain an understanding of “the story” and key takeaways around what you’re researching.
• Data-driven and analytical: you believe that anything worth doing is worth measuring, and love using data to drive insights. You are driven by intellectual curiosity.
• Flexible: You can juggle multiple tasks and priorities and thrive in environments with ambiguity and rapid change. You are just as comfortable engaging with high-level stakeholders as you are scheduling meetings and analyzing data sets.
• A strong and concise communicator: You can quickly and effectively communicate your ideas or explain your thinking to bring others along.
• Able to work with diverse stakeholders: You understand the working styles and needs of a wide variety of stakeholders and adapt effectively (e.g., academics, executives, creative designers).
• Drive content creation and engagement strategies for both internal leadership and external partner meetings
• Identify new potential partners and dissemination strategies
• Systematize partner tracking
• Design and refine program strategy and operational models
• Develop workback plans and oversee execution for strategy, events, and external engagements
• Design and execute a measurement system to track use of EGH in global health decision-making.
• 5+ years of experience in global health strategy, policy, advocacy, and/or country-level technical assistance
• Background in management consulting, business development, and/or strategy
• Track record of increasing responsibility
To apply, email HLS Recruiting (email@example.com) with an updated CV and the names and email addresses for 2 references. In the subject line, please use the following format: [First Name] [Last Name] – application for Partnerships Generalist. Deadline to apply February 18, 2020.