The Philanthropy Manager (Major Gifts) contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by managing a team of Philanthropy Specialists with major gift portfolios and managing their own major gift portfolio (approximately 100 donors) with the goal of increasing revenue and fostering a greater partnership with, and support for, Medical Teams. The major gift portfolio has a special focus on six figure multi-year campaign gifts, and annual gifts of $10,000 or more, to support Medical Teams International’s strategic plans.
See below for essential duties and click here for the full job description.
- Implement a comprehensive major donor development strategy including key goals, objectives and activities for cultivating and raising funds from individual major donors and estate donors.
- Manage the major gifts team to a high level of performance, executing all activities necessary to achieve the core Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from a limited number of the most impactful assigned major gift donors, modeling the highest levels of professionalism and excellence for the philanthropy team.
- Develop strategies for the major gifts team to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from new major gift donors.
- Involve executive team and development staff, board members and others in the solicitation of major gifts.
- Manage the team to maintain current, accessible information on major donors by fully utilizing the CRM system.
Multi-Year Comprehensive Campaign:
- Collaborate with the Campaign Manager to execute a multi-year comprehensive fundraising campaign that primarily targets mega and major private donors.
- Collaborate closely with other campaign leaders including volunteer leaders, board members, the Medical Teams CEO and executive staff to bring all leadership resources to bear on the campaign.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Represent the organization in major speaking opportunities with community, foundation, governmental and business leaders.
- Collaborate with staff in other departments to achieve organizational fundraising objectives and goals.
- With assistance from communications staff, develop materials (digital and print) needed to support fundraising programs.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and evaluate major gifts staff in all Medical Teams International offices.
- Meet regularly with direct reports.
- Conduct annual Performance Reviews