The Philanthropy Specialist manages a major gifts portfolio. It is a key member of Medical Teams International’s frontline fundraising team with a special focus on six figure multi-year campaign gifts, and annual gifts of $10,000 or more, to support Medical Teams International’s strategic plans. The Philanthropy Specialist manages the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of approximately 150 households. They develop personalized strategies to maximize philanthropy to Medical Teams from their portfolio to help to carry out the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
See below for essential duties and click here to view the full job post.
- Represent Medical Teams by building relationships with individuals that will generate significant philanthropic support to advance the organization’s mission.
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 150 households with a special focus on soliciting six figure multi-year gifts.
- Develop and represent a strong working knowledge of the top fundraising priorities for Medical Teams and share with donors in a clear, succinct, and inspiring way.
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including identification and qualification through research, cultivation, briefing, direct solicitation, prompt follow up, stewardship, and recognition.
- Develop tailored prospect and donor-specific strategies and tactics to advance the philanthropic relationship and giving potential.
- Track and manage information and strategies pertaining to prospects, including timely and accurate documentation of conversations and contacts with prospects and donors.
- Consistently achieve established targets.
- Maintain an updated annual plan for each donor in the portfolio.
- Manage a stewardship program for donors by executing an agreed upon number of meaningful visits and report backs to engender renewed and increased philanthropic commitments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development, including the articulation of an annual professional development plan.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.